Chapter 3

Your alarm went off as you threw your phone and it hit the wall. I walked in and saw it on the floor. "Geez. Violent much." You rolled over in bed and groaned looking at me.  "Look, I brought your favorite coffee from Dunkin while someone was sleeping." You opened one eye and smiled when you saw I had the cup. "Now get up or i'll drink this." You sat up quickly. "No! I'm up!" "See, this doesn't have to be hard mel." I took a sip of the drink before I handed it to you. "Hey! I'll get you for that." I walked out letting you be by yourself for a bit. You got up to look at your phone and it was 7:18am. You had to be at work by 8, so you rushed to get a shower in.
       You got in your office at about 8:18 and immediately started on your paper work. Checking your computer every so often. Getting bored so quickly you texted me.
"Hey"
"Hey babe! How's the 2nd day?"
"I'm so booored!!! I miss you"
"I know😩😭. But I have dinner tonight so don't pick it up."
"Omg I love you. You're amazing."
"I know😏😇 lol"
Before you could reply to me you got a notification from Mr.Hemmings on e-mail. You read it to yourself quietly. "Ms. Melissa i'll need you this afternoon at 2pm sharp. Don't be late! This meeting is very important and you have all my paper work. The meeting is in the conference room. Go there. And remember..DO NOT BE LATE!!!"
        2pm came faster than anything else. And by the time you knew, you were in front of the conference room. You opened one of the big doors with Mr. Hemmings' papers in the other arm. You pulled the door open and walked in. All eyes seemed to be on you including Mr. Hemmings. He left a seat open for you and you sat beside him. You hated being so close to him. But loved it all together. He gave you this rush.
      Half way through the meeting Mr. Hemmings had to get up and speak about new projects the management was trying to pass in the past and how it would benefit his company now with today's society. He had taken his suit jacket off and hung it on his chair. His chest somewhat poking through the shirt. You watched his upper muscles flex as he had to reach or point to something. You watched as he bit his lip carefully whenever he had to speak against someone else in the room. Soon you found yourself lost in his world again. As you often do now. Boss or not he could still pin you to that wall.
       Mr. Irwin- co executive director had asked you your input on the situation and you were totally lost. You thought for a second and tried to piece together what little you did hear. You stood up taking your place next to Mr. Hemmings and said all you could. Trying not to make a fool of yourself. "Well..I don't think Mr. Hemmings idea is so bad at all. See". You pointed to one of the pie charts. "Technology is used more often today and this company would do so much better that way. Along with propaganda of course. And it-it could start a trend. Sorta like clothes do. Ya know?" Mr. Irwin started questioning you more. "True. But what if it doesn't work? What then, because not only my paycheck gets cut but so does yours and everyone elses." You looked at Mr. Hemmings and he had a desperate plead for justification from you and you felt a little sick now. But kept with your idea. "Well, you have to try to achieve anything. So why not this. Mr. Hemmings is a very intelligent man. And you should let him try." You turned back to Mr. Hemmings and all his problems seemed to fade away. A small smile started to appear, making his dimples appear.