~Chapter 17~

I opened my eyes and looked around, I wasn't dead that's for sure but there was a throbbing pain on my forehead, I winced and clutched it. I sat up, and I realised I was laying on my own bed at home, how on earth did I survive the killing curse? That was one question I needed answering. Suddenly Severus walked into my room

"Melissa! I knew you would wake up!" Severus said he sat on my bed and gave me a hug, he let go of me then faced me "why did you risk your life for me?"

"Because I saw it in a dream and I knew somehow I was destined to save you, I don't know how or why i just knew..."

"It was very brave of you Melissa, but you shouldn't of done it, and..." But Severus paused, something had caught his eye on my forehead, he lifted up my fringe and something made him gasp "Melissa you have a scar in the shape a lightning bolt, it's the same as Potters except yours is on the opposite side..."

"So that's what was hurting me...I wonder how I survived..."

"I don't know, maybe because your Father really couldn't hurt his own daughter because you have similar powers to him..."

"That could be true..."

"Melissa, I have spoken to your Father, and he has truthfully said that he can't look after you anymore" I looked at Severus with sadness, he took my hand and smiled "but I agreed to adopt you so you will no longer be in danger..."

"Oh thank you so much! Thank you! Thank you!" I said hugging Severus, he seemed happy about it too

"It's not a problem, now I think you should gather your things and move them to my place" he smiled

I nodded, my life was no longer going to be a misery.

Just then Draco came bounding in

"Melissa! You alive!" Draco said, Snape nodded and headed out of the room

"I know! And i'm no longer going to live here, my father can't care for me any more..."

"What?!"

"Don't worry though Severus has agreed to adopt me"

"Oh that's ok then...Melissa you have a scar on your forehead!"

"I know, it's where I survived the curse, I am incredibly lucky!"

"You are! Now lets go outside!"

"Ok!"

My life was happier now and nothing could possibly bring it down...