Chapter 8

My secrets. The things nobody was supposed to ever know are now in Dakota's memory. What am I supposed to do now? What can I say to change how I know he is thinking about me now? I'm just some freak who has a crush on him. 

"Shhhh," he said, wiping a tear from my cheek. I didn't even know I started crying again.

 I pushed his hand away and stood up walking into the kitchen, i need water. my mouth is dry and its getting hard to breathe. Did i take my medicine today? No, that has to be why im freaking out. I need to find my medicine. I began digging through the cabinet, throwing pain killers and cold medicine everywhere trying to find my medicine. i finally found my bottle and broke it open. i took out two of my antidepressants and chugged down the glass of water i had.  

I slammed my glass on the counter not feeling any better. Instead my sadness was replaced with anger, rage. How could he look in MY journal? It's MINE! Why is he here in the first place? he doesn't owe me anything, and i don't owe him anything. I heard footsteps coming up behind me, and just thought, what could he possibly want from me now?

I turned around to see Dakota just starring at me, and i snapped. "What?" i said "stop looking at me like im a freak!" he looked completely dumbfounded and said, "I don't think you are a freak Emily." He slowly approached me, taking off the bracelets i didn't even notice were on his wrist. He laid his arms out to me and said, "if you're a freak, then so am I" as tears slowly slipped from his eyes.