Chapter 11

Stop pretending life doesn't terrify you.

Dakota POV

"You know all of my secrets, every single thing i wanted ti stay hidden in the damn journal. You know it all." she paused for a moment and calmed herself down before speaking again. "but here you are, opening yourself up to a girl you just realized existed a few days ago. I just want to know how you can have pain like I have pain. How you can have scars like I have scars."

I felt something squeeze in my chest. all i could think was 'how could she think I'm just realizing her now'. I've had a crush on this girl since 8th grade, she just never seemed into me.

I finally found my voice. "Emily, this isn't the first time i have noticed you, hell I've had a crush on you for years, when I first found the journal I thought you actually likening me gave me a chance to talk to you. But then I kept reading, and..... I don't know. I didn't want it to be true." I sighed I didn't know what else to say.

Emily just sat there and stared at me. What else was supposed to say? What else could I have done?
She finally said something. Softly, where I could almost not hear her, she whispered "8th grade?"

I half smiled at her, "Yeah, Emily, 8th grade."

I walked over to where Emily was sitting, gathering up all my courage and say next to her. "Can u do something I have wanted to since I first played my eyes on you?" I asked, knowing if I didn't do it now, I never would.

She didn't say yes, but she nodded her head at me. I put my hand on her cheek and leaned down. Softly planting a kiss on her lips. Something I have wanted to do for so long. The best part? She kissed me back.