Chapter 10

Dakota's POV

"Sometimes secrets are too hard to keep"

I was standing there, at this girls door and wondered how in the hell could someone so pretty, so wonderfully sweet, shelter so much pain.

I must have grabbed her notebook by mistake, but I couldn't help but look through it. At first it was fun, the way that she wrote about having a crush on me, but then i kept reading. The bullying, the abuse at home, the self harm. I wanted to believe it wasn't true. I wanted to give her back her book and talk, but she wasn't at school that day. So there I was, standing on her doorstep.

I knocked on the door and she answered. Her sleeves were rolled up and there were fresh cuts up her arms. She quickly hid the wounds and paled when she saw me holding her journal.

"Where did you get that?" She demanded, reaching for the journal in my hand. I explained to her that I found it at school. That I was selfish enough to look inside the journal and to read her secrets. That I felt like shit for doing so.

But she wasnt the only one feeling that way. I showed her the scars that cover my arms.

"I want to know how someone like you can scars.... like me." She whispered.

And I started to explain.