Chapter 12

Jordan's POV~

I finally arrived home last night. It feels different. Maybe because Que isn't here. 

"Jordan!" I hear my mom call. "What?" I yelled back.

I walked downstairs and she's standing there. "Yes mama?" 

"You wanna come help me set the table?" I nodded and got the plates out.

"How was your trip honey?" She said looking over at me. "It was really good, a lot of stuff happened. Kota and I had the best time though." 

"What you mean 'a lot of stuff happened' ?" I paused before telling her. "Well me and Dre broke up." 

"Baby I knew he was no good. He just wanted one thing from you and you know this." "I know I know" I said right after her. "But he cheated and I shouldn't have been so disrespected." She sat the pan down. "Honey, boys will dawg you out until you show them who's boss." She stopped for a second. "You can't ever make a man stay. When he realizes what he has, he'll never have the thought of leaving you in his mind."

I thought about what she said. "You're right mama, I'll be back." I said setting the last plate down." "And where you going lil girl?" I grabbed my keys, "I'll be back."

I got in the car and contemplated on where I was going to go. I started driving to our local mall. As I walked towards the food court I saw the person I was looking for. "Kyrhi!" I yelled to my close friend. "Hey Jordan, long time no see" He said stepping out to hug me. "How've you been?" I had a huge smile on my face. "I've been wonderful, just got back from vacation. How about you? I see you on ya grind." 

He laughed, "I can tell. I've been trying to get my money up the right way. I can't say it's been easy." I looked around at how busy it was. "I see that, do you have time to talk right now?" He nodded his head. "I know it's hard, but you gotta do what you gotta do." "I know that's right" He agreed. "There's some stuff I need to tell you." He looked worried so he took me into the back room.

We sat and talked for a while about what happened this summer. "Wow that's crazy, how he gon' do you like that? That just ain't right." I looked at him, almost cried. "Yeah.. But I'm doing okay. Not really looking forward to going back to school." He laughed, "Me neither, but you know I got you right?" I said yes. "And thank you for that." "You know I'm always here for you Jay. Just remember, not every guy you meet is going to be Prince Charming, but they just might have that missing piece you need." I got up and hugged him. "Thank you Ky. I love you, tell Bree I love her too. I'll come by and see you before school starts." 

I walked out of his store ready to leave. I was thinking about what he said. I wasn't ready to go home, so I stopped in a couple of stores to get my mind off of things. 

~

I woke up with a headache, my sister banging on my door. "Jay!" I got up and opened the door, "What chu want man?" "Mama asked if you wanted to go to the store with her." I shut the door and put some sweats on. 

I swear it felt like I was running a marathon down those stairs. "Yeah mama I'll go with you." I went with her , but I stayed in the car. I was scrolling down my phone and something told me to look up and right as I did me and Aliyah locked eyes. Anger ran through my body for a second. She shot me a hateful smile. I was ready to go off.

We got home and I unpacked the car. I rushed to put them all away so I could lay down. I slept the rest of the day away after that.

Yes this is short but y'all wanted an update. More to come I promise.