Science

"Ow! Easy on the alcohol!!" The female elf yelled at her hobbit friend.

(y/n) looked up from what she/he was doing and glared at his/her friend. "Its your fault for running around wearing no shoes!" She/he told off, keeping her/his glare on the elf as he/she kept his/her grip on the elf's foot.

"Oh! How was I supposed to know that there was a ginormous cat going to appear out of no where and chew my boots?!" The elf shot back with a pout.

The hobbit sighed then went back to cleaning her/his friend's wounds with alcohol. She/he felt a tap on her/his shoulder, catching her/his attention. He/she turned finding Bilbo and one of the dwarves next to him, named Bofur. "Yes? Can I help you two?"

Bofur looked at the elf's foot in the hobbit's hand with confusion written on his face. "What are you doing with the alcohol?" He asked in curiosity.

(y/n) smiled kindly at him before answering his question. "I'm using the alcohol to kill the bacteria meaning that it would stop Chesca's foot from getting infected" he/she tried to explain in a simple way before he/she could go all sciencey, thinking that they don't really know the word bacteria.

Bofur looked confused at the young hobbit's explanation but nodded in somewhat understanding causing the hobbit to smile.

During the rest of the time Bofur and Bilbo sat next to the elf to distract her through her pain as the young hobbit cleans and bandages the elf's foot up. Once the young hobbit was done she/he helped the elf into her boots and on their poney ready to continue the journey.

(Sorry for the short chapter. My mind has loads of ideas for a different story and I thought that if I wrote that story it will leave my mind and it did. I'm planing on watching the hobbit again since I have realised that I missed a bunch of stuff from the movie. I'm thinking of MAY BE editing the chapters after watching the movie. Also if you like Gotham check out my fanfic of Jerome Valeska and my oc. Thanks for reading and have a good day :3)