The First to Give in

He had my number. But still no texts had come. The first week of school was over and I had dealt with enough stupid emails to last me the rest of my life. The constant swooning of the freshman girls was also getting on my nerves. But what topped the chart on what annoyed me is that Naruto had not sent one single goddamn text the entire week. 

When he left rather abruptly on Monday I will admit he said for me to text him, but honestly you would think by today he would have given in and texted me. But no. Here it was now Saturday night and I had finished answering all the emails in my inbox with no texts on my phone. Maybe he wasn't interested. He had pulled the card of where is this going the first time we hung out so I did not think my time would be wasted, but I was unsure.

I stared down at my phone looking at the last conversation we had. Right before he came over that Monday. God I wanted something to happen just like on Monday. Maybe more. If Itachi hadn't come home when he did we could have gotten as far as I wanted. I don't know how far I actually wanted to go, but I'm sure I would have found out. 

That's it. I'll give in. It had been five days and I guess I had nothing better to do. I opened the conversation again sending an invitation to talk.

'Hey'

That will be my test. I'll be able to see if he is still interested or. My phone already buzzed.

'Hi, Sasu! I'm happy to hear from you. What's up? How was your week?'

So he was waiting for me to text him! Or maybe he was just bored too. I'll find out.

'Annoying. Dumb people suck. I'm doing nothing. Hbu?'

Hitting send I hoped I hadn't said too much. I don't like texting that much or talking on the phone. Technology to communicate with others was not something I enjoyed. My phone buzzed.

'I feel you. I'm sure they weren't all that bad. It's the first week it usually sucks. I'm doing nothing either!'

'I got invited to this party, but it sounded lame. Did you want to do something?'

He didn't go to a college party? I would think a boy with his looks and attitude would be at a college party every night. Either way he wanted to do something with me. I tried to ignore the little twinge of something people might call butterflies in their stomach. Its was very similar to that, but I'm sure I did not feel butterflies. 

'Sure'

I'll see what he has to offer. I mean what can he say. My phone buzzed again.

'Okay I'll be over in 5. See you soon!' 

What? WHAT?! Did I invite him over? No. Did he invite himself over? Yes. Was I still wearing my navy sweatpants and black t-shirt in other words my lazy clothes? Yes. Was my hair a mess from pulling on it from dealing with dumb people? Yes. Shit I had wasted like a minute. I needed to change.

I ran into my room from the kitchen table where my laptop was set up. I pulled off my shirt throwing it in the closet letting it land near the laundry basket. Kicking off my pants I threw them in the same direction. I grabbed a pair of dark jeans from my drawers slipping them over my black boxers. I pulled out a white t-shirt from a different draw and threw on one of my navy cardigans over top of it. I ran into the bathroom to try and salvage my hair when I heard the door bell ring. Shit. How did five minutes go by so fast. I just ran my hair through my hair hoping it did not look as bad as the last time I saw it in the mirror. Reaching the door I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. It was just Naruto relax.

I opened the door where a pair of blue eyes stared at me with a big smile to match it.

"Hi, Sasu." He said with that smile still stuck there.