Chapter 1

I never thought ignoring someone was the worst thing to do. I thought being mean was the worst but actually it's being ignored. Being ignored is like you're invisible and don't exist. It's awful. It's like they can't spend a single second on you. Not one.

"Harry!"
"What!!" I yelled back at my roommate.
"Get up here!" He calls back.

I groan and reluctantly get up to see my friend. I have been actually trying to ignore him. I like guys and girls, but he doesn't know that. I have been developing feelings for him that I shouldn't have. I mean, we are roommates. I can't like him, that's insane. Plus..he's straight. So the best thing is to ignore him for my best and his.

I never thought it would go this downhill from here.

I ran up the stairs skipping one stair each time. I got upstairs to see Niall got his shirt caught in the door to his room. I start laughing at him but realize what I'm doing.

You have to ignore him. It's for his best.

"Do it yourself." I say smiling to let him down easy. Maybe I should start being a little rude to him and get worse. Then ignore him.
"Harry, I can't!" Niall complains smiling with his one dimple on his cheek while laughing also.

Why does he have to be so cute? It's hard to say no to him.

"You need to start doing things yourself." I say and stare at him with no smile on my face.

I actually did it.

He realizes I'm serious and the sparkle from his eyes fade little by little. His smile goes from the happiest to no smile at all. I saw Niall go from laughing and happy to sad and confused in about two seconds.
But it was the saddest thing I've ever seen.

"Oh.." He looks down still attached to the door, "okay." His voice cracks just the slightest bit. I nod and run down the stairs as fast as possible.
He's so sensitive and seeing him upset is the worst thing to ever see.

How would I handle this?

Just about 10 minutes later I see Niall come down the stairs with his shirt being ripped on his right side. It was definitely a huge rip..you could see his whole side.

"What happened to you.." I ask trailing off.
"What do you think?" He asks with his face red. He sits down on the couch beside me. He's obviously angry, I can see it in his eyes.
"Okay, look I'm sorry." I say with no emotion.

I am still trying to start ignoring him.
"It's okay." He smiles at me.

It's so hard to not smile back.
But I do not want him to be afraid of me having feelings for him.

So I just nod a tiny nod at him and turn my attention to the tv in front of us. I look at him from the corner of my eye and can see he's disappointed in my reaction.

This is hard already.