Chapter 2

The past few days I have been a little rude to Niall. I feel so guilty, honestly. Everytime im rude he looks so sad..but later on a make it up a little because I can't handle that. I am doing pretty well at being rude though. He once asked me to scratch his back for him because I always do that for him. But I said "do it yourself" and he tried to but failed miserably. I wished I could help him.

"Are you ready for the interview?" Niall asks me as he comes running down the stairs. I nod. This is the first interview since I started being rude. How am I supposed to do it on camera?

We both walked out the door together and I shut the door, locking it while Niall jumped in the passenger seat. He looks excited.
I get in the drivers seat and start up the car. Our song "Little Things" comes on the radio.

Beside me, Niall smiles all goofily that our song is on the radio. I look over and see he's looking at me with a smile on his face. The smile represented happiness, love, as in love..friendship kind of love.
I smile a half smile at him and he realizes it and his smile fades. I could get used to being like this. It's not like I'm rude to him, it kind of looks like I'm depressed. Not ignoring him.

I turn the radio up when it comes to my solo. Niall laughs at my joke and I laugh on the inside. Not the outside.

I half smile again at him but he doesn't notice. He's looking out the window. His solo comes on and I have this idea..I turn the radio a bit down and he looks at me with confusion and sadness in his eyes. I know he's always been insecure about his singing because his microphone used to get turned down on his solos. I forgot about that until he gave me the look.

I realize what I've done and my eyes start to form tears.
Don't cry don't cry don't cry.

The tears start to fill my eyes as I drive. That's not good. I blink a few times so the tears will get out of my eyes. They end up rolling down my cheeks oh so slowly. Niall looks over with a sympathetic look. Whenever someone cries, he cries. He goes to wipe my tears but I end up doing something I didn't even mean to do.

I slap his hand away, "don't touch me."
He bites his lip while I start to see his eyes sparkling. His face started to get a little red and then I see the tears form. They start to roll down his face uncontrollably but he wipes them away quickly. He puts his hands through his blonde hair and then puts his face in his hands.

I try to continue to drive without crying myself. I see him shaking a little bit and his breath is shaky under his hands. After a few seconds he can't take anymore of this 'pretending you're not crying and just tired' act and then he sobs uncontrollably in his hands. He coughs and sniffles.
He looks up to see me staring at him and realizes we've parked already. He looks embarrassed a bit.

"I'm sorry." He says with a shaky voice.
"It's fine take your time." I tell him and get out of the car leaving him for the interview.