Chapter 5

We were still walking home and Niall has been giving me dirty looks the whole time.
What did I possibly say?!

"Niall." I say as a statement and he turns around and gives me a face that says 'what do you want'. I know him too well.
"Why do you hate me?" I ask.
"You hate my singing."
"That has nothing to do with you hating me!" I start yelling.

Niall takes a deep breath, "Oh so ya do hate my singing?? Oh, lemme guess ya hate how I look too!"
"Niall..stop." I warn him before I get angry. I don't need this right now. I already hate him and he's making it worse than it already is.

"I don't want to talk to you." Niall says then turns back to the way we're going to get back home. I see him wipe his face and start running.
I run after him as fast as I can only because I don't know my way back home.

Yeah and because you love him.
But I can't love him.
I know, stop loving him!

I keep running until I can't keep up anymore. Louis would've been able to catch him..I can't. I call Liam to come get me because he's the most understanding out of all of us.

After 10 minutes Liam arrives in his black Ferrari. I love his car, honestly.
Liam motions me to get in the passengers' side. I hop in and I can see Liam is already filling up with questions.

"Alright, ask me already." I tell him, knowing him too well.
He laughs then gets serious, "Why were you stranded?"
"Long story short..after the interview I accidentally swerved the car off the road and down a hill." I tell him laughing.
"How'd that even happen? I thought you were with Niall."

Well about that..
What would I say, 'oh I'm trying to ignore your friend because I'm gay and like him. Also I'm trying to be mean to him too to make my feelings go away!'
Uh no. I can't say that. Maybe make an excuse? Say Niall drove home with someone else. Yeah I'll say that.

"Niall drove back home with someone else." I tell him.
"But it was an interview with only you two?" He asks questioning me.
"Uhh..well. Erm-I-one of his friends was there to pick him up." I say smiling that I covered up..I think.

Liam looks like he believes for about one second then starts..laughing? Why is he laughing?

"Nice cover up Harry." He laughs at me while driving.
Okay then. He knows everything!!

"No really." I tell him with the 'I'm being honest' face. I swear us guys spend too much time together.
"Alright, fine I believe you." He says keeping his eyes in the road.
I mentally cheer myself on.
But one thing...

Where did Niall go?
Did he go back home or somewhere else?
He could go anywhere for gods sake!

"We're here." Liam tells me.
I thank him for driving me and all that jazz after I get out of the car.
I stand in front of his window bending down to his sitting level.
"It's fine. Bye Harry !" He smiles and waves while driving away.
"Bye Liam!"

I open the door to the apartment building and go up to the last floor.
We live on the last floor so people don't know celebrities live here.
I get my keys out and open the door to see Niall on the couch..sobbing?

I sneak in to see what he's doing or crying about. I sneak into the kitchen and hide under the table.
My view is perfectly clear from under the table. Except for some of the couch in the way but that's fine.

I see him crying in his hands with his forearms covered. I see a blade by his side.
What the hell is he doing?
Oh no he didn't.

I storm out from under the table, hitting my head in the process. But after I run to his side.
"Hey..what are you doing?" I ask causing him to look up. He has tear stains all over his face. He keeps his forearms still covered. I grab his wrist and hear a little wince come from his mouth. I didn't turn his wrist to the cut side ..yet.

"Cmon Niall lets go into my room and play video games!" I say 'cheerfully'. I just want to see his wrists. He's such a baby for doing this.
Who does that to themselves?

"I'm good." He says calm but snappy.
"Niall come on!!" I yell pulling at his wrist. He can't take the pain anymore and he twists his wrists out of my hands.

"Leave me alone. You're hurting me!" He yells.
I move my hands to my sight and see blood all over them.

"Not until I see your wrists." I smirk.
What has gotten into me?

"No!" He whimpers.
"Yes." I say and suddenly take his arms with all my force and turn his wrists up my way. I see all his cuts. Every single one.
This is so stupid.

I squeeze his wrists so they hurt more. He screams and I pull back.
Baby much.
"You're so pathetic." I laugh.
"I could say the same to you." He nods with a tears face and his frown goes to a straight line.

"You're such a baby. Why would you do that? Now you have to wear long sleeves. This is gonna ruin your reputation." I tell him.
What are you doing you love him?
No keep doing it its for the best.
Look at him! It's not for his best!

"Look I'm sorry." I say with my voice cracking.
"I don't need your crap." He says to me shaking his head, "you were so mean to me. What about being my best friend? What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong with me. I just can't be your friend anymore." I tell him.