Chapter 10: The Eyes Of Sadness

...

Sakura's POV

I woke up in the morning and walked straight to the bathroom. My eyes still looked a little puffy. Sigh. I splashed some water in my face.... Well that woke me up! I decided to head down stairs to find the rest of team Hebi sitting at the table.

Normal POV

"Hey, good morning Sakura-Chan," Suigetsu said with a smile. "Good morning Suigetsu," Sakura said, returning the smile. Karin, like always, just ignored her. Sasuke didn't bother saying anything, staying silent. Everything was pretty normal so far.

Silence fell in the kitchen.

"After breakfast, I want everyone to get ready," Sasuke said.

"Get ready? Where are we going Sasuke-kun?" Karin asked.

"We're leaving. We can't stay here for too long. People will find out and will capture us.. We'll be heading to another village not far from here." Sasuke said.

"Why are we leaving there? Can't we go back to our hideout?" Suigetsu asked.

"Hn... no..... I've heard that.... Itachi was near.." Sasuke said with a hint of anger in his voice. Everyone looked into his eyes.. anger, sadness, mixed together..

"I see... Alright, let's do it." Sakura said with confidence. But deep down inside, she was sad. She was sad that Sasuke hasn't forgotten about revenge. That his hate becomes stronger each and every day.

Sakura's POV

Poor Sasuke... everyone can see his emotions in his eyes. But no one understands, no one sees through his eyes more than I do..

Normal POV

...

Snap.

A leaf just broke under the feet of everyone jumping from one tree to another. Fall was coming up not far from now. The air was still pretty hot though.

"Hey, pinky," Karin said, looking towards Sakura.

"What do you want, Karin?" Sakura asked annoyed.

"Oh nothing... just..... remember what I said. Don't be too close to my Sasuke-kun. Or else you'll get a pounding from me," Karin smirked.

"Oh really? If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure I was the one who knocked you out the last time we fought," Sakura said. (A/N: POINT: SAKURA!)

"Uh... whatever. Just, don't forget what I said.." Karin said as she cough up with the rest. Sakura was proud of herself.

...

Team Hebi arrived in the tiny village. "It's uh... pretty empty, Sasuke," Sakura said looking around. "Hn," was all he said.

"We're staying here for the night. Tomorrow, we're splitting up. I'll go North, Suigetsu and Sakura will go East, Karin south, and Juugo West. We're either finding more information about Itachi, or searching for him. Sound like a plan?" Sasuke asked. The rest if team Hebi just nodded in agreement.

...

~later evening~

*knock, knock*.... "come in.."

*walks in* "Sasuke..."

"Yes Sakura? What do you need?" Sasuke asked.

"Well um.... I just wanted to talk to you in private.." Sakura said. Sasuke just nodded and patted the bed, gesturing her to sit next to him.