(Book Two) Chapter 12 - Meeting Your Match

Hey guys, I am so sorry. I have been super busy with school and going to the gym and homework that I haven't been writing nearly as much as I used to. (Well, I have been writing just not for The School For The Gifted). Anyway, bare with me. I'll try to update more frequently but I'm super super super busy. Luckily, I had majority of this chapter already done and stored away! I just never posted it. The ending was going to be a bit longer but I felt like I should just leave it at a cliff hanger so I have a place to pick up from later and I also really wanted to give you guys something to read. Anyway, VOTE + COMMENT + ENJOY!!!

____________________________________

Chapter 12 – Meeting Your Match

A shriek escaped Jasmine's lips as Giselle ran in the opposite direction, a gasp coming from her throat. Her legs jolted as she ran down the hall. She stopped in front of the red giant button that signaled a very loud alarm to warn the guards. Panting, she stood there. The alarm distorting Jasmines shrieking. The image of Zach's dead limp body on the bed, not moving.

The guards arrived in minutes. Giselle stood where she was, down the corridor not moving a muscle. She stood against the wall, in shock, counting the minutes until they got there.

Who could possibly have done something so terrible and, why? Giselle walked slowly back towards her room, fighting the image that stained itself into her memory. The guards were now rushing into her room, all five of them, frantically searching for clues and picking apart the scene in front of them as if it was a crime scene.

Giselle remained beside Jasmine, in the doorway of their room, watching the guards in silence. They stared at Zach's body with its grey and brown stains of dirt on his burial attire. Giselle felt tears overwhelming her eyes but she fought them back, swallowing backa lump the size of a baseball.

Other students in the girls dormitory were leaving their rooms due to all the chaotic noise. They would glance into Giselle's room but quickly be rushed passed by the guards outside, shielding the premises.

One of the guards stopped in front of Giselle. He eyed her carefully. "We're not sure who might have done this but we are going to remove the body."

Giselle nodded.

"Would you have any idea how it was placed here?"

Jasmine shook her head. "No."

"Well, you two were supposed to be in your room, if someone snuck in you must have noticed it."

"Unless they weren't here." Added a guard nearby. "Were you?"

A sob broke from Jasmine. She folded into herself, sobbing into her palms. Giselle suspected she couldn't take it anymore and the pressure had finally gotten the best of her.

"I'm sorry ma'am." The first guard finally said. "We didn'tmean to startle you."

Jasmine didn't say a word. She began wiping the tears away from hereyes only for them to continue to fall over. It isn't every day thatyou see the friend that turned against you and ended up dead.

"But the new head mistress will have questions." The second guard said. "Until then, We'll clean up here and let you two go to bed."

Giselle nodded, her lips pressed together.

That night, when the guards had left, the room was spotless. Everything was perfectly in place as if nothing had happened. The guards hadn't found any clues and it was almost as if Zach appeared out of thin air.