chapter 3

Harry

I watched the beautiful girl in my bed, silky blonde hair, that I had recently learned smells like lavender, sprawled across the pillows and her eyelids fluttered for her dream was an exciting adventure that she'll probably forget as soon as she wakes up.

She started to shift around a bit and sat up with squinted eyes still flooded with sleep, but when the recollection of her last moments of consciousness came back to her, a look of pure horror flashed across her face.

Her eyes searched the room and quickly found me. For the past couple of hours I had tried to mentally prepare myself for this moment.

I knew she would be extremely frightened, and even possibly aggressive, but I was equally as excited as I was apprehensive to begin life with her. The sadness that I knew was handcuffed to her heart could be something I could fix. And maybe she could even mend my ceramic heart with the pieces still falling out from when I tried to heal it.

"Please let me go home." Her thoughts had snapped me back to the moment.

Her heavenly voice was practically dripping in fear and my heart dropped instantly, but I reminded myself to keep a strong composure and everything will run smoothly.

"Now now babygirl, that's not going to happen so don't waste another breath asking for it." I said sternly.

I surprised myself at how •malevolent• my voice sounded, but I couldn't go soft on her so soon. It would give an impression that I'm weak, which is certainly not true. Not to her knowledge at least.

Her puffy eyes leaked with hot tears and it made me question if I had made an accurate decision. She was begging for someone to save her, but was I worthy of the task? Time will soon tell.

"Let's start of simple. What's your name love?" I tried not to overwhelm the fragile soul of hers.

"Julia. What's yours?" She looked at me with uncertainty, but I reminded myself it would fade soon enough. Give it time Harry.

"It's Harry."

She gave me a small nod, not knowing what to say. The thick amount of tension in the air was uncomfortable for the both of us but what else could I do?

"Now I know you're probably very confused as to why I have taken you. In good time you will know but let's just get you situated and then worry about the complicated stuff, yeah?" I said.

She mumbled a small okay and looked back down at the floor. From the small amount of time I have known her, I can tell she's a very reserved girl. I'm quite the opposite so hopefully we will harmonize together well.

Her mind had zoned out and she stared at the shiny brass doorknob that filled as white space to her thoughts. I could tell she was trying to process the whole situation in her head and I don't blame her at all. She's clueless at to why this is happening.

This might be harder than I thought.

• • •
This is horrible and unedited and short but I really wanted to update so here's this! I promise next chapter will be exciting af lol. Anyways vote and comment and I hope you like it!!