Chapter 4

While reading his file, Valora kept stealing glimpses of his face to see his nervousness about the interview. But she got nothing - absolutely no movement nor expression from him. He had his implacable face stuck to the ground as if it had something more entertaining than her presence. It annoyed Valora that he could affect her so much in just a few minutes of them meeting yet she doesn't have the same effect on him. His unusually quiet and mysterious attitude that wasn't giving anything away got her suspicious. She started to wonder if he was trained to behave so well, Was he really the same Altair Klaus with the two majors in global business and secretaryship or was it someone pretending to be him??

Valora didn't realize she was indeed now staring at him instead of the file until she found a twinkle from a pair of sky blue oceans.........................except they weren't any oceans. She quickly shut her eyes to gather her thoughts back to the interview in a deep breath and questioned " Why would I need a secretary when I can manage just fine by myself ?" she opened her eyes only on completing her question seeking for an answer. But the respond wasn't immediate, well he turned his eyes down back to the ground and then slowly started to speak "Hmmm... Miss Valora I would like to answer you're question by stating it to be invalid, for I thought you wanted only exceptional from anything and anyone. Hence to manage just fine wouldn't be of you're nature and therefore you wanted to get a secretary to change work to be one of kind." 

"Well someone seems to have done their homework on what I want. That is charming but do they know about what I actually need or for that matter what this company needs ??" she questioned back but bit her lip for complimenting him although she was impressed by him a little yet he didn't have to know that. "Miss my apologies to say this to you but if you are referring to me, you could call me by my name. And as for you question at the moment you companies that sell apparel,accessories and shoes etc have low market shares. But you're chain of steel manufacturing units and star hotels are doing great in the market. Plus you have plans on extending you're businesses into constructing eco friendly power plants for you're steel factories to reduce it's power consumption as well as pollution. Also building apartments in style of the star hotels,  etc seems to be slowed down since it started 2 years back. That was the time when you first entered you're father group of companies and proposed the idea of expanding you're group of companies -  Valdir Stevensons into a brand for an entire empire that now famously is known as VS." He answered in complete sternness.

 His voice and his information made Valora forget her authority over him for a few seconds. "When so do I also have a name but preferred to be called as Madam instead of Miss or my name. And all that you spoke about how this empire of companies grew is true, you're research is quite tailored. But riddle me this do I really need a assistant to run my business with me or I need a secretary to schedule my business meets and appointments constantly ??" she backfired in what she thought was a nail to his job. But at the same time she also wished he answered this question too with the same efficiency as he did for before two. "Well true that you can do you're business exquisitely. But you do need a hand in scheduling you're appointments etc. And this hand should also make sure you are informed about the topics of the business meets with clients, employees etc and brief you too accordingly. Hence I think you need both a personal assistant/ secretary like you're father had interviewed me for." He smiled quietly replying.

That it. He wins - Valora had to admit he was one tough cookie to crack. She wanted to get him but in return she was getting by him and his smile that showed yet another feature of his pretty face his dimples, that craved face having a soft aspect showed innocence in him which got  her suddenly feeling hot with wild thoughts of devouring him. She crushed those feelings for later and replied " I except you to been seen at sharp 8:00 am at my office tomorrow. Fetch me a peppermint cappuccino on you're way to the office and we shall decide your salary details with work- time agreement etc. Now get out of my office and fix get you're cocky attitude out from tomorrow on. I don't need you as much as you need this job. Understand ?" "Yes Madam, I completely understand the reasons for getting this job. Thank you" he replied slyly walking off her door leaving her suspect about it.

Valora came up with the best option to find the reasons of him trying for this job and him taking a keen interest in her life..." So you selected him ??" her father asked her standing at the doorway bringing her thoughts back. "Yes! For the time being but I need his file for my own purposes." she spoke in an annoyed tone that was caused by her father's victorious smile of winning over her again. He should quit bothering her life like he promised but he wont. " Why ? I have already investigated his background and about him. There's nothing wrong, he's perfect" he replied hesitantly. "Nobody in this world is perfect, they just pretend to be so that they hide their filthy secrets, father. I want another background check up of his just to be sure. I will make sure that it won't be a trouble for you or him, I promise and unlike like others I do not like to break my word unnecessarily" She said in a cold tone that implied to be accusing more than just Altair.

"FINE! But I intend to receive a copy of the file you are making of file. For making sure you don't make any false accusations on him to dismiss him from the job" Mr Stevenson replied fiercely to his daughter but she just countered him in monotone looking at the clock that she isn't that kind of a person, but that she would indeed send him a copy. " Now if you may, you can stay here for the night Mr Former Head but my working hours are up hence I am leaving to my home for the night. Thank you" she said while leaving her office without a second glance. 

Valora wasn't afraid that her father might be in her office trying to look for her plans of work, as she hid them under a safe locker with alarm which would tick on her mobile if anyone tried to open it without her finger prints. And she decided to make sure that her employees kept their mouths sealed in front of her father with their jobs in the line  if gone otherwise. So much to keep her father away from meddling into her life again. He should stick to his words unlike trying do as he pleases with employing candidates he wishes. Driving home her thoughts shifted from her father to candidates to a single candidate with aquamarine eyes that proclaimed to have more authority on her than her own father.

"Damn it" she cursed when she applied the sudden brakes to halt the car for the red light. How did she not see it or did she see some other color instead of red in the traffic lights. She calmed herself thinking that someday she will repay those intense eyes with same extent of lust for her like she was having at the moment......

____________________________________________________________________________________

 Another chapter in :). I actually wrote and am dedicating this chapter to the my love of my life for his birthday. Hope you guys enjoy it too. :)

Thanks for reading