Chapter 1

In the beautiful evening, lit by the full moon there were hundreds of guests filling in a huge glass ball room covered with gold and white lights, flowers of varieties and other decorations that were shimmering away in the night.

The guests came for the occasion of celebrating the richness and change of heir for the empire of companies belonging to one of the richest families in the United Kingdom "The Stevenson".

"Where is she ?" Mr Stevenson asked his elder daughter Margaret, a proud physician working as well as owning of one of the best hospitals all by herself.

Mr Stevenson was a short built but fair man with sharp nose and grim look covering his face showing off his attitude of high authority and arrogance. He wore a jet black Armani suit and enquires his daughter in voice of concern....

Margaret was a simple but similar looking young lady as her father knew exactly the reason behind the concerned and strained voice of his. Hence rushed to the the private powder room to fetch the person for which this party was held.

In the powder room, she found her mother Gisila Stevenson - a soft, petite woman with round face and big beautiful eyes like of the people of Germany where she belonged. "Mother is she here yet and did she get ready? Please tell me she's ready for her announcement is gonna be made any minute now!" Exclaimed Margaret.

"Oh don't worry, she all set was just waiting for her call and..." Mrs Stevenson was saying when a string voice of a woman interrupted her "and I am tired of all the waiting". The words that belonged to the woman was wearing golden heels with long fish styled white and gold sequinned dress that hugged her elegantly.

Her hair was golden brown straightened to perfection reaching her shoulders, with a face similarly round as her mother's and perfectly arched eyebrows complimented with almond shaped eyes in dark brown pupils. She had the sharp nose similar to her father's and completed with red coloured luscious lips.

She was Valora, the lady of the hour and the younger but bolder as well as stronger daughter of two in the Stevenson family. "Yes let's leave now and please smile" said Margaret" I know, I will on the announcement of myself" replied her sister as they walked to the stairs.

At the top Valora was left alone to walk down as the heiress of the empire of shipping companies her father owned Miss Valora Stevenson. Getting down the stairs, Valora smiled as she was supposed and welcomed the guests with the poise and politeness she was made to have until.......

"You really think she can handle all your companies Mr Stevenson ?!" Asked a stout man in a snide way. "Well yes I am sure I can and I will just like you will walk away from me right now saying- more like gossiping to your wife and family about how arrogantly without respecting your authority and status I have called you a gossiper as well as a man made with a foul mouth, understood ??" Valora commented .

"And judgemental!" He retorted to which Valora just smiled even more that, it started to look sinister. With a smile as such she walked close to him and whispered in his ear in a strong authoritative tone "Well not more than you, who seems to be thinking of cutting off all businesses with our company but don't you worry I will make it much easy for you. Please enjoy" the man walked out off the party at that moment with a red face of angry of being shamed by a girl much younger but meaner than in him.

*****Valora's POV*****
This is how it's gonna be from now on but I care for none like I have trained to be. I can be this, take deep breaths and cool yourself Valora. Smile the plastic smile you were taught and give a brisk handshake. Don't show any other form of emotions because on this cruel world, there is nor was place for the naive girl you were once.

Changing and practicing these to perfection in her grooming classes, Valora now felt nothing much and became as cold as stone. "Now none can hurt me" the thought of those words made her like how she was behaving at that moment or she thought so.........
_____________________________________________

This my first book so I hope you guys like it and be considerate enough to ignore my grammatical errors. My English might be a little different unlike the Americans and I hope that is not a problem. I am open for all your comments, reviews and suggestions about my story.
Thank you
P. S : I wrote this book because of my boyfriend so am dedicating it to him :) :) :)