Chapter 5

Waiting........... One thing that Valora dreaded the most was waiting. She thought she'd never get in a situation such as the one she was in right now, after she became the CEO of one the leading industries in the world. Boy, she was wrong cause there she was, at her desk waiting for new employee or more like forced onto Assistant.

   Wearing a short leather skirt was on itself a torture, plus she had work to do and a particular file to reach her hands before her over smart assistant who was over 30 mins late would made an entrance in her office. What is wrong with her today ? She wore a leather skirt of all things suddenly? What and whom does she wanna prove that she is a lady ? Shut that, why is she so troubled by her Secretary being late on his first day? She should be happy, he was making it easier for her to fire him right? Then why is she feeling otherwise.........

No no no, don't go there Valora chided herself and composed her mind stating that she wanted to try something new and wore this skirt out of boredom of pants,  she wasn't feeling any otherwise for her Secretary/ Personal assistant. She can bother less - her mind was signalling so while her heart was looking at her door every few minutes.  She was just afraid her file will arrive at the same time as her secretary or maybe she was overthinking it. Yes that it's, honestly there's nothing wrong in doing you're employees' background check up, for obviously she's running a big company here and can't afford a stupid bug to slip and destroy her progress. Yes that is all but she obviously knew that the file contained a lot more than just background info, oh well she can at least use the background excuse to shut people out or so she thought.

"May I come in?" A strong sensual voice interrupted Valora's daydream. " uh, ya...I mean yes come in. Who is it ?" She inquired although immediately recognising it to be the man of her thoughts. Altair stood at the doorway and eyed her with an expression Valora wasn't known of. She got up for having a better view of him in his white suit with black dress shirt and tie that accentuated his features even more. Oh it did make him look a lot less younger than herself and strong jawline was became even more profound now. Don't look at him like that, Valora slapped herself internally for giving any signs of lust around him. And changed her look to a glare, upon reaching her front of her desk, then spoke in what she thought was a cold yet firm tone " you're late."

" yes! Of course I know I am late. But it so happened because my employer forgot to tell her security guards about the arrival of new secretary, I presume. I apologise for my employer's disinterest in the matters concerning me. She wasn't that keen in taking me under her , hence rather to be troubling her - I thought why not call the ex CEO of this office and get this mishap cleared. Well as a matter of fact that's exactly what I did." He replied valiantly. "What?..." Losing herself in angry Valora snapped " why did you call my father for such a silly issue. You are my secretary and my liking about you shouldn't matter mister because we are doing only business here not romance. You didn't have to go to such an extreme of calling my father for it. Let this is be your one and final mistake with coming late to my office. "

She turned to her rack of files fuming and pulled out as many as she can. Then walked up to him and threw them in his hand making sure not to touch him. In a mild aggressive tone she pinned the files under his face with her delicate yet sharp fingers staring right into his eyes " these are the files that contain all the clients of the company. I expect you to read all of them as well as memorise each and every one of them to the end details which includes fax number of the clients, that too by the end of today afternoon. Then meet me in the office with you're notepad for I have a dictation for you." She turned and rambled on while walking back to her desk about her morning schedules he has to keep up with to her peppermint cappuccino at her desk sharp at 9 am every morning when she heard a snicker.

Tilting her head back to Altair, Valora saw that he didn't snicker well much he seemed to choke up and cleared his throat and looked at her with innocent eyes seeking a confirmation about this being his punishment for what he did today morning. Valora melted into hot mess immediately by the intensity of his stare and was almost about to tell him otherwise when " yes of course. It will be done ma'am but I have a few requests" She felt a ton hitting right on her tranced brain with the string of masculine voice. She totally imagined him looking like that she told herself and made herself firm on the ground before listening on to his requests " I don't think it's possible for anyone to complete the whole 5 files each containing 100 pages to be completed by the end of today afternoon. And plus there are 20 remaining on the shelf. So I request more time for it plus adjusting myself to you and this new environment. Also I would rather be grateful if I got my Id, else I am sorry but I don't think I can make it by 10 everyday for you're security guards wouldn't let anyone in without a thorough check up from head to toe, if this anyone doesn't have an Id in accordance with this building" he ended accusingly

Valora sat back in her chair and shut her eyes already imagining the pain with Altair as her secretary. Heaving a sigh she told him to get out of the office and find his Id on his desk in his office where he's supposed arrive first before hers. She didn't even hear a thank you in return of her telling as much as she did, if it was any other she would have fired him by now for talking like he owned this place and her. The only reason Altair was staying was cause of her father and her interest in his looks. Nothing else was appealing about him especially that mouth of his. How much she wished she could tie it off with his own tie and make him beg for her. But then again that was just a dream and she has other matters to handle than fulfil her childish dreams. She gave up on them long time ago and no way she was getting them back by some stupid ass head of secretary. Yet somewhere near her heart she felt guilty for dismissing him like that but she didn't speak to herself about it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi :)! Am so sorry for the late update but I got engrossed with the festive season , hence couldn't post any new chapters. But I promise you this whole week I will update. Plus ignore my grammatical mistakes and Keep reading for there's a roller coaster ride ahead ;)
***shhh***
Reinoka