Chapter thirteen: Worlds Collide

Daniel's POV:

          I stared at my sister from across the table, my mouth slightly open in a surprised shout, and my eyes wide with shock.

"What?!" Felix and Cry shouted in union; both on either side of me.

"This isn't the right time..." Lee's voice sounded from my left.

We had all just finished our dinner, Cry, Felix, Lee, Stephano, Mr. Chair, Piggeh, Clementine, Savanna, and me, right before Holly had announced some shocking news.

I could only watch in silence as my sister turned to a shocked Stephano as he stared at her.

"I only found out this afternoon..." She sighed, "What's going through your head right now?"

I could hear the urgency in her voice as she continued staring at her lover. He only blinked at her, his golden eyes flashing with worry and shock. How did this even happen?! He's a fucking statue! My brotherly side of my brain screeched in rage.

"I-I'm going t-to be... a f-father..." He stuttered out, resting his head in his hands; elbows resting on the table.

"Damn... I'm going to have a mini Stephano!" Felix cheered from my right, patting Holly on her shoulder.

"Felix now isn't the time to joke around, my dear friend..." Cry spoke softly from my right, re-adjusting his mask.

I nodded, agreeing with Cry as Felix slowly pulled his hand away from my sister's shoulder. Shifting my gaze back to Stephano, I watched as his expression drastically changed from shock and worry to pleasure and love; making me smile. I knew that Stephano wouldn't leave my sister, even at the cost of his own life. He loves her way too much... She loves him too... I thought with a fading smile, I hope that won't get in the way... When the war breaks out...

"Starting a family with you..." The golden man turned his body to face my sister, clasping her hands in his, "Would be a dream come true..."

"You've taken this crazy ass on as your boyfriend!" Piggeh jumped up from his seat, patting Stephano on the shoulder, looking at Holly with a friendly and warm smile, "Welcome to the family!"

"Well, I've already considered you family..." Holly laughed softly, glancing at Piggeh then looking around the table, "All of you are my family... No matter happens... I will always fight for what's right."

"I'll be right at your side, till death do us apart..." Stephano leaned in towards my sister, kissing her sweetly before leaning back.

"You're my leader, my friend, and my boyfriend's sister..." Savanna rose to her feet, like Piggeh, "I will fight with you, following you when you let your battle cry out."

"You're my sister..." I rose to my feet, smirking at her as she grinned at me, "My dearest sibling, the only one of our family who's carried a pained a dark past. I would trade our places, Holly, if I could... I would... You don't deserve this... But, I won't cower in the face of the fight. I will stand strong and we will win!"

The whole table let out a cheer.

"Now, we've made it this far, haven't we?" I turned my head to Lee's deep rumbling voice as Clementine sat on his knee, "We've trained too hard to turn and run. Now, I don't know about you all, but I refuse to run anymore!"

His fist slammed down on the table, making the room go a deadly silent. I watched as Lee's eyes flashed with grief, anger, and determination.

"Friends, dear friends," Cry rose from his seat, a smirk on his lips, "I've come to know you all... Like a Bee knows what a flower is... Now, let us win this! Afterword's, we can have cake!"