•03•

*Snow Ghosts - And The World Was Gone*

-

I walked home aimlessly. The longer I walked, the more blurred the streets got. I had no idea where I was going but my body was taking me somewhere. I ended up at Derek's. I was a little confused at first, as I walked up the steps to his loft. 

"Boys," Peter's annoying voice echoed in my ears, "F. Y. I. yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face."

"No one likes you Peter." I said while walking through the open door. Derek nodded

"Now shut up and help us." Derek said. Peter glared at me and I smiled. He shook his head.

"Fair enough." Peter took out his claws. I stood next to Derek while Isaac sat nervously in the chair.

"Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm." Peter said while gripping Isaac's shoulder.

"How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asked, obviously not trusting Peter, but I mean who would? Derek pulled me onto his lap.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them." I rolled my eyes.

"You- you've had a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac squirmed in the chair.

"Well, I've never paralyzed anyone."

"Wait, does that mean that you-" Peter stuck his claws into the back of Isaac's neck. I flinched a little. It felt like little needles stabbing my neck. Derek held my hands in his. The pain slowly increased. I stood up when Isaac grabbed Peter in pain. I was about to start throwin' hands.

"Wait, I see them." I stopped and waited. Peter took out his claws and leaned on the table. He was breathing heavy. I walked to Isaac, then put my hand over his wound. Wow I'm such a mom and I hate it.

"You okay?" I whispered to him. He nodded and put his hand over mine. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"What'd you see?" Derek asked. I looked at Peter

"It was confusing. Um, im-images. Vague shapes." Peter said while leaning on the wall.

"But you saw something." Derek asked

"Isaac found them."

"Erica and Boyd?" I asked

"I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses."

"But you did see them." Derek said

"Worse."

"Deucalion." Derek stated.

"He was talking to them. Something about time running out."

"What does it mean?" Isaac asked.

"He's gonna kill them." Derek said

"No, no, no, he didn't say that. He did make them a promise that by the full moon that they'd both be dead."

"The next full moon?" I asked

"Tomorrow night." Peter clarified. I looked at Isaac then at Derek. This is not good. Derek got a call from Scott. I tried to listen in but I was too focused on Isaac.

"Sammy, I'm okay." he said. I was still looking at him worriedly.

"I swear" he smiled. I nodded.