•05•

*Deaf Joe - Joanna*

-

It was raining cats and dogs outside. Sarah and I made hot chocolate and tried to be normal people for a night. We were watching some romantic comedy that Sarah picked out. Right as I sat down, there was a knock on the front door. Sarah looked at me with concern.

"Stay here" I mouthed to her. I opened the front door, ready for attack, only to find Scott and Isaac.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Isaac needs a place to stay" Isaac looked like a sad puppy and despite him and Sarah having a little fling, I couldn't be as cruel as to leave him out, especially in the pouring rain. I nodded my head and moved out of the way for them to come in. Scott stayed out.

"Thanks Sammy"

"He went to you first" I said. I smiled at the thought of Scott being everyone's leader. If we ever had trouble, we could always count on him.

"Yeah, but I thou-"

"It's fine Scott." He smiled at me.

"Well okay, goodnight"

"Night" I shut the door. Isaac stood at the end of the staircase, looking around. I showed him to the guest bedroom. He sat on the bed then laid down. I sat next to him.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I don't know. He just, kicked me out."

"He's an asshole." I said thinking about every selfish thing Derek has done.

"Yeah"

"You can stay here as long as you need"

"You don't mind?"

"Of course not. We're friends right" I said as I patted him on the back.

"Actually, you're my old babysitter but I guess we're friends too" I laughed and punched him lightly.

"Sammy!! It's starting!" Sarah yelled from downstairs

"We're watching a movie, if you want to join" I offered

"Uh, no, I'm okay. Thanks though"

"Are you sure"

"Yeah."

"Okaayy" I said in a sing-songy voice. I walked downstairs and plopped on the couch next to Sarah.

"What's Isaac doing here" she asked as the beginning credits rolled in.

"He's gonna be staying with us for a while"

"Ew"

"Ew?" I questioned. She literally got grounded because she had him over.

"Ew" she repeated.

"Be nice" I said

"Ew" I rolled my eyes at her. These little teenage things, I will never get over. The movie was extremely boring. But it seemed to excite Sarah. I shook my head as I laid down on the couch.

~

I wasn't ready. I really wasn't ready. We were going to the bank to fight the alphas. I wasn't ready. To make matters worse, Sarah tagged along and I was freaking the freak out.

"Sarah, we're just here for verbal support" I said to her as we walked up to the second floor.

"What if they start fighting" she asked.

"You can't just jump in" I said as I twirled an arrow in my fingers.

"But you can"

"I will"

"I didn't mean with your arrows and bullets"

"Sarah" I heard growling and roaring.

"Aw dammit" We ran to the edge of the balcony, overlooking the ground floor.

"Stay here" I left Sarah with my guns and my arrows, hoping she would use them if she needed to.

I wasn't very good at fighting, let alone being a werewolf so I was kind of relying on my hunter skills to get me through this. I shifted and went at it. Everyone had someone to fight, I felt the other's pain as well as my own, making me feel like complete shit. With every person's scream came a rippling pain somewhere in my body. All of us were done. We were on the ground. We had been beaten.

"Kill him" Deucalion said to Derek, "the others can go." Boyd looked at Derek with hope that he wouldn't kill him.

"You're beaten. Do it, Derek. Take the first step." he said to him.

"Are we serious with this kid? Look at him. He's an Alpha? To what? A couple of useless teenagers" Kali said with her clawed foot on Cora's neck.

"Some have more promise than others." Deucalion said

"Let him rise to the occasion then. What'll it be, Derek? Pack or family?" We all waited for the answer. We were afraid of it. An arrow whizzed through the air.

Flash bolt.

I shielded my eyes from the bright light as the alphas stumbled around. I looked up to the balcony and found Allison and Sarah. I watched as Scott stood up again. Him and Ennis started fighting again. Isaac helped me up. Every blow that Scott took, I was feeling. Derek jumped in for Scott. Derek and Ennis were going closer and closer to the edge. I stumbled to them. Scott clawed at Ennis' leg and that sent him over.

"Derek!"

Isaac held me back from diving after him. Ennis had taken him down with him. I felt my entire body go numb as Derek's body made contact with the ground below. I couldn't hear, I could barely see; he was barely breathing, clinging onto whatever life he had left.