•04•

*Private Parties - Future Stars*

-

I had to do something, I had to help. I ran out of the loft and to the bank. The chains on the front door were already broken. In the air, the scent of lavender and cherry blossom lingered.

Allison was here.

I ran inside, trying to be as quiet as possible. I watched as Boyd and another girl ran towards the exit. I went to the vault. Derek came charging at Allison. He grabbed her arm

"Don't touch her!" I yelled while running to them

"What were you thinking?" Derek questioned Allison

"That I had to do something!"

"She saved our lives." Scott said

"Yeah, and what do you think they're gonna do out there? Do you have any idea what we just set free?"

"You want to blame me? Well, I am not the one turning teenagers into killers."

"No. No, that's just the rest of your family."

"I made mistakes. Gerard is not my fault."

"And what about your mother?"

"Derek." I warned. He looked at me.

"What do you mean?" he looked at Scott.

"Tell her, Scott."

"What does he mean, Scott?" Derek ran off.

"Sammy?" Allison questioned me. I looked her in the eyes.

"I'm sorry" I shook my head and backed away.

"Tell her Scott" I whispered as I ran out of the building.

I followed Derek's scent into the woods. I think I ran in circles a few times. The wind had thrown me off  and a few fireflies caught my attention too.

"C'mon Sammy, find Derek" I said to myself as I spun around. I started running to the west of where I was. Then I heard it. A cell phone ringing. The more I ran, the closer the sound got. A firefly caught my attention again. It was flying a little ahead of me but at about the same speed. I just couldn't stop looking at it while I ran.

"Sammy!" Derek's voice drew me out of my gaze. I ran into him, sending both of us to the ground.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" I said as I tried to catch my breath.

"I didn't think you liked being on top."

"Derek!" I hit him on his chest. I got to my feet and helped him up. I leaned my back against a tree as we waited for Scott. Sarah texted me saying she was hanging out with some friends. It kind of worried me considering she has never talked about these "friends" before.  Derek came and stood in front of me. He pressed his body against mine.

"Sammy" he ran his hands up my sides

"Derek" I smiled at him

"I missed you" his aura gave off more than just lust.

"What's wrong"

"Nothing" his heartbeat raised.

"You're lying" I said while resting my hands on his shoulders.

"Sammy-" the tone in his voice changed and I knew who he was thinking about.

"You cared about her" I said referring to Erica.

"Can we not"

"Derek"

"Scott's here" he said as he stood straight.