•17•

*Active Child ft. Ellie Goulding - Silhouette*

-

It was dark. It was freezing. The ground was cold. I used the wall as support as I stood up.

"Samantha"

"Who's there?" I asked. I looked around trying to find a shape in the darkness. No one answered.

"Who's there?" I tried again.

"Do you like riddles, Samantha? Do you know any?" the voice asked. I searched myself for my phone. It wasn't on me.

"Uh, yeah, I know a few." I answered. I got on all fours and searched the area around me.

"What gets bigger the more you take away?" the voice asked. I thought for a moment.

"A hole." I said

"What gets wetter the more it dries?"

"Um, a towel."

"When is a door not a door?" I remembered when Deaton asked us the same thing.

"When it's ajar." I felt my phone and grabbed it.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?" I ignored the riddle for a second as I turned on the flashlight.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?" I was breathing heavily.

"Um, uh." I flashed the light around the room, trying to find the source of the voice.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?" I panned over the entire room, there was no one.

"Answer the riddle!" the voice yelled. I took a step forward and this, thing, came to face me. My breath hitched. It was wrapped in gauze. It had silver, razor sharp teeth. It came closer to me. It stared straight into my soul.

"You can't save him."

I took in a breath. These dreams suck. I don't have any clue as to what they mean or if they're supposed to mean anything at all. I sighed as I rolled onto my side. I ran my fingertips across Derek's bare chest. I rested my head on his shoulder and tried to go back to sleep but I just kept feeling that something was wrong with Stiles. I had to make sure. I got out of bed and tip-toed around the clothes scattered across the floor. I dialed Stiles's number and waited for him to answer.

"Hey."

"Stile-"

"This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a messag-" I sighed and tried again. Voicemail. I tried Scott.

"Sammy!" he sounded panicky.

"What's wrong"

"It's Stiles" my heart dropped, "he just called. He- he said he needs help. We need to find him. Uh, can you and Derek come to the hospital and hel-"

"Yeah, of course"

"Okay, Isaac and I will meet you guys there" I hung up. I knew something was up. I got dressed as fast as I could.

"Derek! Wake up" I threw his clothes at him.

"Wh-what's going on"

"It's Stiles" and with that Derek shot out of bed and started getting dressed. Though it doesn't seem like it, Derek really does care about people, especially Stiles.

We were dressed and on our way to the hospital within ten minutes. I didn't even wait for Derek to stop the car completely before jumping out. I tried catching his scent, but everything was masked by the sterilization of the hospital.