•15•

*The Bloody Beetroots ft. Paul McCartney and Youth - Out of SIght* 

-

I was walking through the woods. I didn't know why. I didn't even know what time it was. The wind blew hard, giving me goosebumps.

"S-a-a-a-m-y" an eerie voice flowed through the wind. I looked around for a body to accompany the voice.

"S-a-a-a-m-y" now I was a little afraid.

"Who are you?" I yelled out.

"S-a-a-a-m-y"

"What do you want?!"

"Sammy" the voice came from behind me. I shrieked. I sprinted from my spot. I didn't have any sense of direction but I wanted to get out of that spot. Bright lights came up from nowhere. I ran towards it. The lights were shining at something but I was too far away to see. As I got closer, I saw Stiles. Seeing him made me feel less afraid. I ran faster. A wave of emotions hit me once I was a few meters away from him.

Panic, fear, anxiety.

I tried calling out for him but my voice wouldn't take. It was like I had no voice at all. I kept calling out for him but nothing worked. The wind blew me off my feet. When I looked back for him he was gone.

"Sammy" I looked to my right and there he was. But it wasn't really him. His eyes held a look of evil. He grabbed my throat.

I shook myself awake from my nap. These dreams were getting weirder and weirder. I honestly don't even know what to think about them anymore. It was Halloween and I hadn't gotten any candy yet. I'm such a great holiday person. I sighed. It was almost dark out and kids would be stopping by any moment now so I should probably go and get some. I went outside and found a group of teenagers piling into cars. What the hell.

"Sammy!" I looked around the group for any particular face that I knew. One of the seniors on the lacrosse team walked towards me . I smiled and tried to be nice for once.

"Hi?"

"There's a halloween party tonight, you going?" I don't do parties.

"Where?" I shocked myself with my own question.

"Um" he scrolled through his phone before flashing me a text. I suddenly found myself wanting to go to the party.

"Yeah, okay."

"Great." he smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Okay then." I said before getting into my car. He's a weird one. Well, perks of going to this party would be that I'm saving money from the candy so yay. I drove to Derek's loft. I walked up the stairs to his door. I pulled it open.

"Aiden!" I yelled

"Oh shit" he whispered.

"Sammy? Hey!" Danny emerged from the shadows.

"Oh hey Danny" Aiden jogged to me.

"It's Danny's party. I swear, he just needed a place" I stared him down but he didn't budge, so he was telling the truth. Everything was set up and it actually looked nice. And I didn't want to be a buzz kill so I let it slide.

"Fine. But Derek can never know about this"

"I won't tell if you don't" he winked at me before going back to the DJ. I walked up to the painter chick.

"Face or body"

"Body!" Danny yelled. I looked at him wide-eyed. Danny smiled at me and I couldn't say no to him. He looked too funny. I groaned before taking off my shirt.

"You owe me Danny"

"No I won't. You're gonna have fun tonight!" Right as Danny said that, a whole bunch of people started filing in. The paint was cold as shit but I gotta say the artist did a pretty good job. As more people got painted, the music started blasting. I stood by the DJ, watching everyone as they came in. Danny turned on the blacklight and everyone glowed.

Before I knew it, the place was packed. I grabbed a drink and joined the the wave of bodies. I wasn't going to just let this night pass me by because I feel slightly bad that no one asked Derek for permission.

This party might have been exactly what I needed. Danny was right, I'm having a pretty fun night. The senior from earlier had found me. In all honesty, we were probably a bit too touchy touchy but he's cute and I'm not complaining. Things got a bit steamy between us and if I wasn't so invested with Derek, I probably would've allowed us to go further. Three songs and one make out session later, I was done. I managed to slip away from him and out of the dancing ring.

I saw Aiden carrying Lydia and knew something was wrong. I pushed my way towards them.

"What happened to her?" I yelled over the music.

"We found her outside like this" Danny replied.

Aiden sat her down next to the heater. I crouched down next to them. I held my hands over hers.

"What are you doing" Aiden asked. I held up my finger at him. I took in a deep breath before putting my hand on top of hers. She was so cold, she felt like ice. I closed my eyes and tried focusing on Lydia, though the loud music made that very hard. She had stopped shaking so I guess it was working. A loud crash broke me out of my trance.

"Get out!" Derek's voice echoed through the room. I stood up and helped Aiden with Lydia. Aiden and Danny helped walk her a few feet away.

"Get her out of here" Aiden instructed Danny. He nodded and took her. Everybody was scrambling to get out. Allison and Isaac came in with Ethan and Scott and Kira showed up by the stairs. In the shadows stood five figures. The turned to face Aiden.

"Guys, they're all looking at me. Why are they all looking at me?" Aiden panicked.

Scott and Derek shifted and tried to fight them off. These things looked familiar. Nothing I'd seen before but like, they looked like the things I created in my mind from stories I'd used to be told. Scott and Derek weren't doing any justice fighting them off. Two of them held Aiden as another approached. Isaac brought out his claws. It turned around and pulled a sword out of it's chest. Isaac backed away. It grabbed Aiden's neck and flashed its eyes at him. Aiden fell to the floor. They all faced Scott. I made my way to Aiden. I looked at his neck where the thing grabbed him to see what the damage was. The only thing there was a backwards five behind his ear. The sun started shining through the windows and the things disappeared. Ethan came to his brother's aid.

"What the hell were those things?" Kira yelled.

"Your dad's 24 hours are up." Isaac said to Allison. I looked at them confused.