Purple Flowers

I dipped the mascara brush back into the tube and reapplied it back onto my dark eyelashes. I stared into the mirror and blinked multiple times, enjoying the feeling of my delicate lashes fluttering on my cheeks. I twisted the mascara brush back into the thin tube before quickly leaping up to find a jumper. I shuffled through my small closet looking for the perfect jumper, and in spite my doubts, I finally found it. I tugged the long sleeves onto my arms as I let out a long sigh of sweet, warm relief.

I walked towards the fogged up window and stared out at the busy street. I looked downwards and silently watched the cold and huddled up people walking below. In Australia the streets were never as crowded as it was in London. Although I dislike the always crowded and busy streets in London I definitely didn't miss Australia. I lived in a town where everyone would rather stay inside and sulk around. It was practically a dead town. When I lived there I felt like just another one of the ghosts, hopeless and lost. My life in London, with Kyah and Natalie, is much better. The overly crowded streets created a strange yet close feeling like everyone was part of a family. A family that didn't communicate but instead offered friendly gestures such as a simple nod or hello as you walked past.

"Jasmine were going to be late!" Kyah shouted from the kitchen, frantically running around to find something.

"The concert starts at 12:30!" Natalie shouts from the bedroom. I looked over to her and I saw her shuffling around in my closet trying on different jackets.

"Nat, the green one looks nice." I laughed. She quietly blushed when she noticed I was watching her. She slid the mint green jacket on and she ran her fingers through her long, wavy golden hair. I looked at Kyah who was fumbling around in the drawers of my apartment.

"Kyah, what are you searching for?" I said, pondering in my head what it could be. Her favorite lipgloss? Her phone? Her car keys maybe?

"Argh! I'm looking for the tickets. I'll go check in my apartment, ok?" She replied as she walked towards the door. I could hear the frustration in her voice. I reached into my small blue handbag and pulled out three tickets to the One Direction concert.

I flashed a cheeky smile in Kyah's direction as she opened the door and said, "Looking for this?"

"Hahaha, Jasmine! I've been searching for them for ages! We better go soon." She laughed. I nodded in agreement. Her laugh seemed to make me feel ten times warmer than before. I glanced at the time on my IPhone. 11:54. I shoved the tickets back into my bag and ran to the bedroom to grab my keys which were 'conveniently' placed under my multiple bed sheets.

"Are you guys ready?" Natalie said with a hint of excitement in her voice. Kyah nodded and I smiled. The girls packed up their bags as I held the door open. Natalie was the first one out and Kyah wasn't too far behind her. Kyah, Natalie and I live in the same building. Kyah's parents own the building and we live conveniently at the top. I live in the middle apartment, Natalie lives in the right and Kyah lives in the left as there's only three apartments to every floor.

We rushed into the elevator. I pushed the 'G' button, meaning ground. The button was cold to the touch and I shivered slightly when I touched it. I looked at the shiny elevator door and stared at myself. My usually tan skin was unusually pale. I frowned but then regained my smile as I remembered that in about half an hour I will be going to my first One Direction concert. I played with the small crown of synthetic purple flowers placed delicately above my temples whilst thinking how my day will go. The elevator doors finally opened and we stepped out. I smiled at the lady wearing a black pencil skirt and a matching black jacket standing at the front desk. Her name tag reads 'MOLLY' in big bold letters. I don't know how she could stand this freezing cold weather. I somehow felt sad for her.

Earlier we decided to take a taxi because it would be much faster than taking my car. Kyah waved over a taxi. It seemed to come almost instantly. We hopped into the taxi and told the driver where we were going. He tipped his hat and then continued driving.

After what seemed like twenty, long and awkward minutes we finally arrived where the concert was being held. I handed the driver his money and I stepped out of the car. I fixed my black jumper and flicked my long, brown hair out of my face. Kyah, Natalie and I walked towards the main gate which was literally flooded with fans.

This is it.

My life is going to change forever.