Chapter 5: Life is Precious

Natasha's P.O.V.
Why are they all here?! Zeref is coming, I know, but Natsu isn't strong enough! Damniiiiit!!

I struggle against the magic-nullifying bonds that have me stuck to this chair. Slowly, I attempt to slip my hands out because my hands are pretty small, but to no avail. Growling lowly, I focus forward and my heart stops to see this new guy going forward towards Wendy- "IF YOU TOUCH THAT LITTLE GIRL- WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE, YOU'RE THE FIRST ONE DEAD!"

And the mysterious figure actually stops. He turns around as if to glare at me, though I couldn't see through the mist. That magic... I haven't seen it in a while, but from where? My stomach aches in familiarity! Who used it and where?

I pull at the straps that hold me down, but to no avail. I give one more try with a grunt of effort. Failure. Screw nullifying bonds.

"NAT-SAN!" I hear Wendy scream.

My head snaps up, seeing the familiar magic guy walking towards me, and I stiffen. Why the hell was he picked to guard me? This isn't right. Who is this? I should know him!

Tears of frustration form in my eyes as he's a step away from the place I sit unwanted. It's like it upsets him because he stops, almost staring at me. I let the tears run down my face, being defeated by all the frustration in life. "Who are you? Why can't I remember?" I ask, my heart aching for this unknown man.

"I'm dead to you." He mumbles, I can barely hear him say it. Glowing eyes through the hooded mist...

I look sideways to look at Wendy, she seems almost scared to move forward. "Don't worry, if he touched me, Renzi would kill him." I jerk my chin sideways. "Go help."

Wendy puffs her cheeks out. "No! I'm going to save you!" She clenches her fists and runs forward in full speed.

My eyes widen in terror. "No! Leave! He- I don't know, this magic is nearly impossible to beat!" I'm not too sure why those words leave my lips but it works.

She hesitates, I see her mind screaming, but she turns with tears in her eyes and goes helps the others. I look back up at the man.

"I'm not unbeatable. You used to beat me up all the time when I pissed you off." Now his voice was clear. I could hear his voice.

My eyes tear up, my heart stops for a few beats. "Shawn?" I ask, my voice cracking. "N-no!" I shake my head vigorously. "You're dead- I mean he's dead! He died, right in front of my eyes and my heart broke and I can't go through those emotions again!" I cry, yanking at the metal holding my wrists down.

The man, the so very familiar man starts to put his magic away. And lord forbid I see the face of the love of my life... it can't be him... he hasn't aged, like me. We look like the same age. How.

Tears pour down my face, all the pain I went through grieving comes back in three second, hitting me in my heart like a heart attack. I choke on my tears, not believing my eyes. "You're dead." I whisper, gasping for air. "You've been dead for years!"

His angular face shifts sideways as we both look at Renzi. She seems to have noticed my absolute pain because Natsu is standing in front of her with a completely confused face, seeing that she's clutching her heart and she's crying. I blink. Right, if I die, she dies.

Shawn, he looks back at me, eyebrows scrunched together. "I'd thought you were smarter than that." He says, looking back over only to see Natsu glaring at him. "Oh, that boy doesn't look too happy about me being here."

"That boy is my little brother." I snap, a bit too harshly. I sigh, looking at my bloody wrists, still attached to the chair, swallowing the remaining tears. "Untie me now."