Ch. 3: I'm a White Tigeress

Italics-thoughts
Bold-English
Normal-Japanese
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Last time...

With Aida's permission, Tora proceeded to kick off her shoes. She tied her sweater around her waist. "First one to shoot 5 point wins. I'll do defense first."

"That's alright with me. This will be an easy win." said Kagami as he got into an attack mode.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Are you sure about letting her play against Kagami?" a freshman suddenly asked Tetsuya(from now on, Kuroko would be referred to as Tetsuya).

"Nah. I'm sure she would be fine." Tetsuya replied. "It's Kagami I'm worried about."

"Why would you-"

"Just watch." Kuroko shushed him.

Tora first defended her hoop from Kagami. She blocked every single one of his attempt to shoot the ball. Whenever Kagami jumped, she would quickly push the ball out of his hands. Everyone else watched in silence.

"This is getting slightly boring," she murmured. "'Kagami-san, just so you know, I'm gonna change gear! Defense isn't my forte, though I'm pretty darn good at it!"

"Do what you want," replied Kagami rudely as he went to the other side of the court to defend his hoop. "But I won't let you score a shot like you did to me!"

"Let's see you try." Tora's eyes narrowed. Tetsuya felt goosebumps up his arms.

She bounced the ball between her legs before dribbling past by Kagami. Kagami reached to knock the ball from her hands, but Tora threw the ball over her head. Kagami had to jump to grab the ball. As soon as he reached the ground, the ball disappeared from his hands. A slam from behind him.

Kagami turned around and blinked. Hanging from the basketball hoop was Tora. The ball had been dunked into the net.

"What just happened?" Everybody thought.

Tora let go of the ring and dropped to the floor. Her eyes, which were normally a beautiful silver blue, was now a deep navy color.

"Prey targeted and acquired."  An odd, deep voice said so softly that everyone almost didn't heard her. Everybody besides Tetsuya and Kagami freaked out.

"How did you do that?" demanded Kagami.

"A girl's secret is her secret." Tora replied cheekily in the same odd, deep, but soft voice. "But I will tell you this, Kagami-san. You're a Tiger. Your first name says it. I could feel your innate jumping ability. I'm also am one, but I'm something more. I'm a White Tigeress. I can't just shoot a ball into a basket; I need to HUNT down my PREY."

"What she means is that she calculated your every move when she defended you." Tetsuya stepped in. "That was your first mistake. Letting her be on the defensive side. Your second mistake was allowing her to attack. Though she equalizes in both defense and attack, attacking her opponents is her specialty.

"'What happened to your eyes?'" Koganei asked for Mitobe. "They changed."

"It's one of my special abilities-the Hunter's eyes."

"Hunter's eye?" Izuki said. "How does it work?"

"It allows me to observe my opponents," Tora explained. "Using what I have learned, I develop some tactics to defeat them. Like my Cap'n told me, 'If it works, it works. If it doesn't-use a different one.'"

"You said the Hunter's eye is one of your special abilities," pointed out Hyuuga. "How many are there and what kind are they?"

"I have three." answered Tora seriously. "The Hunter's eye, the Tactician's Mind, and one I'm am forbidden to say or do without my Cap'n's permission. "

"I have a question." A freshman raised his hand. "For the past hour you have been here, you and Kuroko kept talking about a Cap'n. Who is he to you?"

"Cap'n was my basketball club's cap'n." Tora said happily. "And me and 'Tsuya-chan's older sibling."

"You two are siblings?!" The entire basketball team shouted again.

"I believe she did mention her surname was Kuroko, minna-san," Tetsuya sweat dropped.

Tora sweat dropped too. Then she looked at her watch. "OH my! Look at how time flies! 'Tsuya-chan, keep your grades up. Cap'n was really angry about your grades. Heard her from the other side of the house. Kagami-san, let's finish our game another time. Ok? My grandfather would take away all my yarn if I'm late for dinner again."

She dashed to the exit, her white hair flying behind her. Then she suddenly turn around.

"One more thing before I forget. Train harder for the Interhigh Basketball Tournament. The Basketball Association changed it this year." Tora gave a feral smile that sent shivers down their spine. "It became intermixed gender this year. Watch out, for the Athletic Royals have not reach their full potential. And then again, no one has yet. It is only the beginning."

Tora nodded at Tetsuya. "Dark Duke of Basketball, Seirin, I have a warning from the Prince of the Court. 'Though we have split, the Athletic Royals have return. Warn any other schools if you must. But beware when you have run into us."

Then she left them without another word.