9

Dad gets out his phone and dials Lestrade.
"Hansel and Gretel. I'll explain soon. PGPR. It's in chocolate. Vegetation etc. You'll see." He puts down the phone.
"Where are we going?"
"Where do you think Claudette?"
"I don't know. That's why I'm asking."
"Can You Both Shut Up!" Dear Lord.
We step into a cab. How much does this cost? Loads. It'd be cheaper if we Brought a car. Unfortunately we can't buy any cars in Europe or the USA as Mycroft hates us. Apparently you can't be Sherlock Holmes and drive into a shop. Even if it is an experiment.

We quick march (easy for dad and i as we are tall Im 5"8 dad 6" 1/2. Uncle John is only 5"6 aww) into the HQ and to Lestrades division. He is eating a doughnut, leaning back in his chair. When he sees us he falls off. I can't stop laughing, which results in Lestrade swearing to arrest me at first chance.

Lestrade hands a sheet of paper to Dad as he leads us into the department's main office.
" This fax arrived an hour ago."
Sherlock hands the note to Uncle John reads it and then hands it to me.
HURRY UP
THEY'RE
DYING!

" What have you got for us?"
"Need to find a place in the city where all five of these things intersect."
He hands a piece of paper to Greg, who reads it aloud.
"Chalk, asphalt, brick dust, vegetation ... What the hell is this? Chocolate?"
" I think we're looking for a disused sweet factory."
"We need to narrow that down. A sweet factory with asphalt?"
"No. No-no-no. Too general. Need something more specific. Chalk; chalky clay - that's a far thinner band of geology."
Dad then begins to pace. He keeps rubbing his temples.

" Brick dust?"
" Building site. Bricks from the 1950s." Dad replies.
LESTRADE rubs his face in despair. "thousands of building sites in London."

"I've got people out looking." Dad says.
"So have I." Lestrade replies.
" Homeless network - faster than the police." He smiles evily. As if he has gambled with the devil and won back his soul. "Far more relaxed about taking bribes."
Dads phone trills a text alert, followed by several more alerts. He brandishes his phone triumphantly at Greg while the messages continue to pour in. Smiling smugly, he lifts the phone up high , flicking his eyes across to the phone to look at each photograph and then staring into space.
" John. Rhododendron ponticum. It matches."
He continues to do the starry phoney thing for another 2 minuets. Incredibly bored I swing round on Lestrades office chair, which makes Anderson sigh.
" Addlestone." Dad yells.
" What?"
" There's a mile of disused factories between the river and the park. It matches everything."
Dqd turns and hurries out of the office with Uncle John in at his heels. Lestrade turns to his team.)
"Right, come on." Sally stands and follows him. She looks worried and passes it to Anderson.
Dating. 5 weeks. Brought her the perfume. Devil wears perfume. £40.00. Present. Strong relationship judging by the lipstick residue on Anderson cheek.
I follow them out the door. Excitement burning inside.