11

I wander into the living room,  Dad is walking rapidly in the living room, pulling off his scarf and then his coat as he goes across to the laptop on the dining table.
"Four assassins living right on our doorstep. They didn't come here to kill me; they have to keep me alive."
Dad wanders to the window. Uncle John furrows his brow.
"I've got something that all of them want, but if one of them approaches me ..."
" ... the others kill them before they can get it." Uncle John says.
Dad grunts in agreement and types rapidly on the laptop.
" All of the attention is focussed on me." What about us? They could be after Uncle John. If Moriarys the culpret then he could be after the Uncle John.  He has tried to kill him before.
" a surveillance web closing in on us right now."
"So what have you got that's so important?" Dad swallows and closes his eyes.
"We need to ask about the dusting."

Shortly afterwards, Mrs Hudson has been dragged upstairs in her nightdress and dressing gown. Dad is hurrying around the room checking for dust on all the furniture.
" Precise details: in the last week, what's been cleaned?"
"Well, Tuesday I did your lino ..."
"No, in here, this room. This is where we'll find it - any break in the dust line. You can put back anything but dust."
He lifts his hand from the latest piece of furniture that he has been running his finger along, and twirls his finger dramatically in the air." Dust is eloquent."
Mrs Hudson looks over her shoulder at Uncle John.
"What's he on about?"
Uncle john shakes his head and mumbles. Dad is  climbing on the furniture to look more closely at the top shelves of the bookcase to the left of the fireplace.
"Cameras. We're being watched."
" What? Cameras? Here? I'm in my nightie!" Mrs Hudson cries. Suddenly the door bell rings. Mrs Hudson exits with the look of disgust. Uncle John follows. Dad is going crazy and I'd expected. He's  now jumped off the chair and is looking in his 'fwend' eye sockets.
"Dad!"
"Shut up Claudette! " there's the camera In the book shelf.
As if dad has JUST realised there is a pedophilic camera in the book case he jumps on the table and  rifles through the book shelf. There's a click as he removes the camera from its position.
"Interesting. " he mutters.
"It's fun," I say "having uncle John around. I feel more smart almost."
"Smarter."
"Huh?"
"I feel smarter almost." I smile sarcastically.
"What are you trying to do?"
"Plug the Web can into the outlet so I can monitor it." Dad grunts in effort.
"Do you need help? "
"No!" He try to connect it to the headphone outlet. This is mentally testing.
"No look dad." I reach over to take the Web cam from his hands. He pulls away annoyed
"I said no!"
"Jesus I'm trying to help! " I spit at my mentally challenging father. 
"Well I don't need help. I'll never need help from ordinary people." With sore eyes I stumble to my room.