Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Aram
Divad stands beside me and we both stare into the compact mirror. He's at a loss for words and I feel sick. He looks at me and though his voice is almost certainly a whisper, it feels like he's shouting when he says, "She's slowly killing herself." I stand up, "I need to go," Divad looks confused. He stops me. "No," I try to explain but I can't. Everything is bright, too bright. The cafe lights above us shining down on me. The world is spinning. The waitress is looking at me funny. I should know her name but I can't focus. She says something to Divad but I don't hear what she says, suddenly the whole world is black.....
••••••••••••
Its a funny feeling, finding yourself in a place where you have never been before and not remembering getting there. I stand in the doorway of a small cottage. A man looks up at me and smiles and I'm struck by the familiarity of his face, in certain I've never seen him before but it feels like I should know him. Somehow he belongs here, with me. I take in his features. Raven black hair and ocean blue eyes. He's handsome. I think of Divad and I feel guilty, but he was not my choice. He's my match, again I wonder who this guy before me is but before I can ask it all goes blank and I see a light, bright light and someone is shaking me.