Chapter Thirty Two

"Come on, babe."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"Absolutely not."

"Do it for me?"

"No."

"But you can't sleep anyway. We might as well have fun!"

"Define 'fun.'"

"Come on, Edd! Live a little!"

"I can live just fine right here, thank you."

"I'm going even if you aren't. I'll leave you behind."

"I don't mind. I brought a book."

"I'll go sleep in Nazz's room instead of in here!"

"No, you won't."

"...no, I won't." Kevin snuggled up to Edd, pouted his lip out as far as it would go, and sighed his saddest sigh. "Pleeeease, baby?"

Edd rolled his eyes. "I will agree to go, but I will not make any promises regarding my clothing or lack thereof."

"Yes!" Kevin whooped. Edd shushed him and he smiled guiltily. "Sorry. Well, come on! Let's go!"

"Kevin, wait! I have to change into my swimming trunks."

"You call them trunks? Seriously?"

"That's what they are called, Kevin."

"That's what dorks call them, maybe..."

"Oh, hush!"

"Ow, ow! Okay! Jeez..."

In the end, all it had taken to get Edd's shorts off was Kevin taking his shorts off. To see his boyfriend standing there unashamedly, in all his ridiculously attractive glory, one hand extended toward him, him of all people, had swiftly cast aside any fears or doubts he may have had. He shimmied out of his swimming trunks, letting them fall down around his ankles before carefully stepping out of them. He looked back up to take Kevin's hand and found the redhead with both hands pressed to his mouth, a large grin peeking out from around his fingers.

"What?" Edd asked.

"That was the cutest fucking thing I've ever seen. God, I love you. Get your ass over here!" Kevin held his arms out, taking Edd into a tight hug.

Edd relaxed into the embrace. "Thank you."

"For what, babe?"

Edd frowned slightly, trying to place coherent words to his feelings. "For...choosing me, I suppose."

"Can't be a choice if there was never anyone else." Kevin kissed the tip of Edd's nose. "Now, come on! I didn't get you out here and naked just to stand around! Let's swim!"

Kevin ran out into the water and dove right in. He popped up and shook his hair. Seeing Edd still standing hesitantly on the sand, he beckoned enthusiastically. With a sigh, Edd began to wade out. Satisfied, Kevin ducked back under the water and swam out a ways before turning parallel to the shore and pulling his body through the water. Edd stopped knee deep in the water to watch, arms tucked up around his chest. Goosebumps popped up along his arms and chest. His pale skin seemed to glow in the bright moonlight. Compared to Kevin, he looked like a ghost. The thought made him frown, but he couldn't dwell on it with Kevin's body displaying all of its athletic talent right in front of him. He bit his lip, trying to ignore the stirrings in the pit of his stomach. A breeze blew around him and he shivered.