the start of tale

Her sister's death

It was a quiet Tuesday night until a sudden loud sound like boom just appeared from the silence.

You can feel that the ground was shaking as if there was an earthquake.
The tension from the ground seems to get stronger as if the ground will going to explode.

Their heartbeats rose as if they almost failed to breathe normally. They felt their chests turn heavy and they feel like a huge thing was above their chest.

They're hugging each other while their body was trembling.
It's just the two of them inside the house.

Again another roar of thunder appeared as if God was dumping heavy furniture in heaven roughly that almost creeps them out in shock. It's a very creepy evening because of heavy rain with continuous thunderstorms.

They looked at each other while their eyes were full of fear and bitterness.
They're afraid of something yet they want to curse someone.

They chuckled under the loud crash of thunder and to the fearful strikes of lightning on every single tree that surrounded their house.

They separated and one of the girls peeped at the window hugging herself from the coldness of the winter.

She's wearing a sleeping dress same as the other girl while walking straight to the window barefooted. Her pale face tells that's she's afraid of something.

She look outside and saw heavy droplets of water hitting on the ground.

" A heavy rain is coming!", she whispered and decided to go back on her bed while facing her little sister.

Her twin sister had a cold face all over like she wasn't afraid of anything. It's just two of the sixteen years so she was getting used to this kind of weather but the other one looks so weak and her lips were full of tension.

" The heaven was cruel", she just spoke in a soft voice to her sister then released a little grin.

The other one frowned to see her sister's strange chuckle. She wrapped herself with her thin arms to hide the shivering of her body.

A small old cabin that had been their house for sixteen years was about to surrender.

They're still smiling looking at each other.

The one giggled strangely while sitting on her bed.

The strange one with curly hair spoke.

" If I died first can you promise me something?", she was talking to her sister Tara while hugging her creepy little doll.

" Tell me", she face her and waited for her answer patiently still looking at her with a creepy smile on her face.

" Let me stay beside you even if I died and follow what I wanted you to do"! Ara's voice became deeper and her eyes became hysterical as if she was been possessed.

Tara started to get worried but she tried not to draw fear on her face while talking to her twin sister.

" I promise! I cross my heart right now! Remember, we're twins? I'll always there wherever you are and so are you because we are made to be together!", Tara promise Ara with pleading position hands crossed above her heart but to her surprise, her sister Ara instantly stabs her own heart and died early that night.

Tara saw what happened.

"Ahhhhh!!!", a scream outside the wilderness can be heard to see her sister's death.

Five minutes earlier...

She cupped her head trying to regain her strength and to fight the terror that was happening in front of her at this moment.

Tara doesn't know what to do. She just quickly run and crouch on the floor to take her sister's head and rested it on her legs.

" Why? What did you do Ara? You promise we will be together right? Why?", Tara cries out alone inside their old house while her sister's catching her last breath.

Tara saw that Ara was still breathing and was saying something but she cough so much blood from her mouth and her eyes just stayed wide open like glaring at her sister. Tara was terrified and quickly get up when she noticed that Ara's hands seem moving.

She rubs her eyes to check if she's already dead or not. When she took off her hands from her eyes, she check Ara again by checking the right side of her neck of she's still alive but she's not.

She looks around to find help but it's too dark outside since it's nighttime and the heavy rain like typhoon won't stop.

"Why Ara? Why did you leave me like this? We've made it for fifteen years and now you're gonna leave me!", Tara was getting angrier for her dead sister.

She won't know if she's going crazy or not.  She's alone and the one she was with was her dead sister now.

She just took her creepy doll and wrapped it again in her arms. She went to the corner of their bed and just cried all night until the rain stopped and the morning came.

Tara was alive but Ara's dead.

***

What happened that night? Why did Ara end her own life? Was she possessed?

How about Tara? Who will take care of her when she's now alone and scared? They're both orphans because their parents died in an unidentified accident.

How will Tara live by herself when her twin and buddy Ara was dead? Can she recover from the pain and her suffering of witnessing her sister's death with her own eyes?

***

" Am I dreaming? Why my hands were full of blood?", Tara asked herself after waking up.

She shifted her eyes to the floor near the window and she almost went shocked to see Ara lying on it. Her dress was pooled with red blood while her eyes were widely opened.

"No!!! Ahhhh, this can't be true!", she went screaming again when she heard sounds of an engine car in front of their old house.

Tara just went back to the corner again and keep pulling her hair and hitting her head while whispering creepy things.