Chapter 3: Hugs

There was loud knock on the door.
"MARGE!! MARGE!!HEY G!! FOR GOD SHAKE OPEN THE DAMN DOOR OR ELSE I'M BREAKING IT."

OMG!! Why is he here. He can't see me in this state. OMG!! what am I supposed to do now???!!!

I tried to look more presentable but I know he'll surely scold me for looking the way I'm looking right now. Then I opened the door to my room. Then I suddenly couldn't breathe as he's engulfed me in a bear hug. Geez... my brother and his hugs though he tend to avoid physical contact with other people that's how he shows love to our family, his hugs.

"V, I can't breathe let go of me." I said to my stupid brother.

" HOW CAN YOU DO THIS G! YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CALLED YOU IN LAST 4 DAYS??!! MY BABY SISTER IS NOT ANSWERING MY CALLS. I WAS SO GOD DAMN WORRIED THAT I CALLED YOUR "SO CALLED BESTFRIEND" ONLY TO KNOW THAT SHE HAD HER GHOSTING MODE ON!! AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN RECEIVING MY CALLS AND NOW I'VE BEEN KNOCKING ON THE FREAKING DOOR FOR THE PAST 15 MINUTES. I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD....!!!!!" He cupped my shoulders and shook me all that he was saying, and mind you, he said that in one breath so I didn't really understand what he said....all I got was he was worried about me.

"Marvin, I'm fine now I guess, and stop shouting. I didn't get any of the thing you just said."

"Okay, so first thing what happened G?" he asked softly maybe he noticed my puffy eyes and tear stained face.

"Nothing V, what can possibly happen to your strong and brave sister." I said turning my back to my brother. I don't want him to see me like this. 

"Yeah right! You think I'll buy that?? You never ignore my calls, even though you're in class. And now you want me to believe that you didn't pick up my calls or even called back for days because nothing happened to you?? You want me to believe that bullshit??" 

"He broke up with me V, what am I supposed to do now?" I told him holding back my tears. No matter how hard I try even mention of his name is able to make me cry. 

"What? Joe did what? I always thought you two would marry each other. Why did you break up?? Did you two have a fight?" he asked. 

"I don't know we were just fine, he was saying he'll be with me forever just before the day before we broke up and you know what, we were going on a date. Suddenly he stopped the car in middle of the road and asked me to come out to observe the view, then he just said that he can't continue and stormed off." my voice was becoming heavy I could feel the tears starting to fall again. 

"I don't even know what went wrong...it feels like a dream, a very bad nightmare." I wiped the tears and faced my brother. 

He did not say anything neither did anything and just stared at me for few minutes as if he was analyzing something. Then he hugged me "It's okay to cry, Marge. I know you have a strong head you need to clear up your mind and think. But right now, just cry till you feel better. I'll be here for you." 

Maybe because of his warmth or the shoulder he gave me to cry on, I cried and cried and there was snot everywhere in his shirt and I was hiccupping like crazy. He just patted my head and we stayed like that for a long time. This is why I love him so much, he doesn't ever let me deal the difficult times alone. 

I think I fell asleep again. I was curled up in bed with blankets. It was too bright too maybe V opened the curtain. 

"UGGH!! Close the curtain will you, my eyes are sensitive." I said but he didn't reply so I pushed myself off bed and went to the window and draw the curtain. Where did he go? 

"Marvin, where are you?" I asked as I didn't see him anywhere, i just panicked .

"Mhmm...in the kitchen I'm cooking something to eat." He said and my stomach growled at the mention of food as I haven't eaten anything for 4 days. As I went to the kitchen I saw a plate full of pancakes and it looked appealing. Unlike me, Marvin was a decent cook so he didn't burn half of it. 

"Is this for me V?" I asked looking at him and he just nodded flipping the one in the pan. I ate until the batter finished and my brother didn't even got to eat any, I felt I was going to burst any given moment. 

" Can't believe you ate 15 pancakes in a one go." he clucked at me. 

Are you sure you aren't disappointed because you didn't' get to eat any?" I asked laughing a bit. 

"nu-ahh girl, you aren't hearing the end of this now. Ever!!" 

We just bickered like that till the evening, just the mere presence of my idiotic brother makes me feel better.

A/n: did you get it right. Hope we'll be together till Marge's journey is complete.😁😁