Chapter 11: Home

Dad came to pick me up and we went home. Mom was already home and was cooking dinner for us.

"Mom !!!! V is coming too. I told her and her face just lit up.

“Oh really!! That’s nice, I haven’t talked to him in a while. What’s up with you, sweety. You two don’t come home often other than in the  holidays.”

“It’s..errrrr. Uh I have  to tell you guys and ask suggestions but lets wait for V to come first.”

“Then, I will call V and tell him to come fast. I can’t wait to find what you wanna say.” Why is mom so delighted anyway???

I don’t know what mom told dad but he too had that goofy smile, are they really that glad to see me here?? I think I should visit them more often. It's just an hour long ride from the university anyway.

Mom said V will be here in about an hour and started humming an old song. She’s really happy to see me here. Maybe seeing her children other than holidays got her hyped.

I asked if she needs any help but she told me not to bother her and get the hell out of her kitchen.

My mom doesn’t like people messing around when she is cooking. She can tolerate V in her kitchen coz he'll keep it clean but she doesn't like it when Dad and I interfere in the kitchen cause dad and i will just make a mess. Kitchen is like a restricted zone for me and dad.

So, I left kitchen and went to my room. My room feels so weird after we moved, there aren't that much things left here as I took most of them with me. In a way, it still feels the same but it isn’t. It still gives me a peaceful feeling... I am so glad my parents didn’t change anything after I moved out.

The room reminds me of all the happy memories I had here. The fights i had with Jane, the sleepovers and the movie marathons we had with tubs of icecream. Me and V arguing about anything that involves cleaning. Joe sneaking to my room and us spending the night cuddling and talking to each other.

The room still smells the same, the smell of the sandalwood scented candle still lingers. I get a good vibe from here, you know the vibe you get from a  familiar place. It’s home and I feel safe here.

I showered and changed into an old t-shirt of V and sweatpants and stared out of the window.

My room faces the road and 3 houses away from mine is Jane's house and opposite to her is Joe's.

I still remember how he used to come down my window and throw pebbles so we could sneak out and go on a date.

Both of our parents knew and he could have come and knocked at the door too but that’s what we used to do for fun. We were always happy around each other,smiling not caring about anything in the world.

What went wrong? What did he want in our relation??? What was so hard for him??? Couldn’t he just stay??Thinking about joe is so much harder now.
For now i need to focous on what should i tell my family so laid in my bed thinking about what should i tell them and how much should i tell them.

After sometime, I think  I heard a car screeching so i ran towards the door and opened it.  It surely was V's car. But why is Jane comming out of it?

“Jane??? What the hell are you doing here???” What is she doing here?

“Oh why? Can’t I come here now?” She raised my eyebrow. I just didn’t know what to say. What is she doing here. I'm not ready to tell her yet!!

“Hey Paula, should I go back ?? It seems I am uninvited.” She shouted going towards the kitchen and my mom instantly  a smile spread on her face seeing her another daughter. She hugged her and told her she doesn’t really need an invitation to come to our house.

I saw V coming in and could not help myself to ask.