Chapter 5: Nightmare

"Hey sleepy head, wake up. I'm heading out. I'll be back in few hours okay" Joe told me.

Why is he going out right now?? Maybe he has some plans?? Let's sleep for a while then.

My eyes wondered everywhere why am I here? I was sleeping in my bed just now and all of a sudden, I am in middle of a jungle?!

The light here is too bright, I can't even see properly. I heard rustling of leaves from behind me, maybe it's a bear? But when I saw a figure approaching me it seemed human.
Maybe it's Joe,why would I even come to a place like this with him?

"Joe, it's you right?" I said looking toward the approaching figure. I released a relieved breath when I saw him. But something was off about his face, it was emotionless, I've never seen him look at me like that. What's going on why is he looking at me like that? What happened?

"Joe! Babe what happed ? Why are you looking at me like that? You're scaring me!!" I opened my arms to embrace him but he just took a step back.

"I can't do it Marge, this relation is no more, I am pulling off this relation." Then he disappeared like smoke in the air.

"Joe" I started to run after him. But everything around me is changing. I was in the jungle but I'm in middle of the road but why does it feel eerily familiar?? I'm crying and wiping the tears to watch where I'm running . I caught him suddenly. The first thing I did was hug him real tight... I don't want him to go away from me.

He just pushed me "Didn't you hear...I want nothing to do with you, get lost!" he said and he drew a knife from his pocket and struck me. I screamed thinking I'm bleeding but I'm falling instead.

"JOEEEEEEEE!" I woke up in cold sweat, what was that dream about?? He was just here before I fell asleep he said he'll be back in an hour or so.

But realization hit me like a truck and I start to cry again remembering the day he walked off. Maybe I should call him again.

Maybe he'll receive my call, he's just waiting for me to call and once we talk, we'll be okay, I thought. I then wiped my tears and dialled his number again but it said that I can't contact that number. Then I opened my Facebook to send him message only to find that I'm blocked by him. He blocked me!! Maybe we are really over.

I just sat there stumped, I don't know what to feel anymore. I thought we would be okay. He'll come back saying it was just a mistake. I really thought it was just a matter of time. We'd apologize to each other and get over what happened. But he left like, he surely leave our relation, our promises behind. And I don't even know what was the reason.

Why? Why is he doing this? What was wrong dammit? You could have at least told me the reason. I was frustrated I just wanted to snatch all the hair in my head. Maybe if I break something, this uneasiness in my heart will go away. Uggh... What am I supposed to do now?

Should I open Jane's account, and see what he is up to? Her Facebook is always open in my phone. But he might have blocked her too he knows us well to know what she's capable of doing.

I was just staring at my phone unsure what to do.
"Marge! Marge, hey sis?" I heard. I just looked up to my brother he was dressed in formal. Maybe he's the one who said he's going out. What the hell !! Was I hallucinating??

"Oh my god! You okay?" he said and came to my bed and sat at the side of the bed. I just sat there fiddling my hand,and scratched my head saying nothing. A weird sensation creeped through my spine and i felt shivers all over my body. I was scratching my head alot i do that when i'm really nervous most of the time and this is kinda akward that he saw like the i am right now.

V just sat at the end of my bed ,he didn't look at me and neither did he ask me anything it. He just stayed at the room making me feel his presence. He may not be good with words but he's saying he'll just be by my side and that's enough. I just tried to forget about the nightmare I just thought why would Joe even try to kill me right?

"S...shall we watch some movies?"I said trying to settle down the birdnest i've made of my hair. I just need some distraction so I asked my brother. Though my voice wasn't that strong, he heard me and I could visibly see his shoulders relaxing.

"Okay, I'll go change and bring the popcorn to the living room. Freshen up and come okay?" He looked towards me a gave a weak smile and I nodded.

I washed my face and took an Advil. My head is just killing me!!

Then I head out to the living room, I lived in an apartment and specifically mine has 2 bedrooms a kitchen and a free space. When you enter the door, that's the living room. As of two bedrooms, the other room is of my best friend Jane's, we thought that living together could save a lot of money so we just did, but I think the main reason here is that we are basically inseparable. Since we were children, Jane was spotted in our house rather than her's and when we said we're moving out, bam!! we found this perfect place.

While I was thinking all that, V just brought a bowl full of popcorn and placed in my lap.

"Would you tell me right now?" He said in an ordering voice.

"What?" I asked raising my eyebrows not knowing what he's taking about.

"Should I bring the bottle of wine or not? God! G !! Was I talking to myself the whole time? I asked so many things. How do you space out like that?? " When did he even say anything.

"Ya, just bring them and the ice cream too." I told him and thought what movie should we watch.

"V! Hey V what are we gonna watch? I turned towards the kitchen, I didn't see him but he said whatever so maybe we should watch Harry Potter. That thing never gets old. So I opened TV and put Harry potter and the soccer's stone.

V just started to hum the theme song...aww sweet memories !! He used to play that in guitar all the time, he's one obsessed potterhead. He put a glass infront of me and sat in the beanbag chair by my side.

"Remember that time when I forced you and Jane to read all the Harry Potter books saying you're missing all the fun??" He said looking distantly at the TV, maybe he's remembering the time.

"Yes! How can I forget that." I smiled at the vague memory as I poured myself a glass of wine.

"It was my 11th birthday right. There was such a hype about the deathly hallows book being released and I got an owl with a letter in it's mouth. And you were screaming at top of your lungs "You got an letter from Hogwarts, you're going to be a witch. Can you believe that? It would have been my best birthday gift. You're so lucky." How did mom even let you buy an owl?" I shook my head a little.

"The next day you're like you need to know what Hogwarts is like and handed me the first book saying now go and attend the class." I just laughed my brother is just so extra.

"Yeah! She didn't, I begged dad. But wasn't it the best birthday gift when turning 11? Just think how many people want that." He said and patted my knees and took the popcorn from my lap.

"Yeah right forcing me to read those 6 books within a month when I didn't even get what was going on !! Such a blissful experience." I rolled my eyes, Jane and I were just searching meaning of words in the dictionary to find what it meant. "But watching movies were always fun, the countless time we bickered about which harry potter movie to watch." I said nudging him. " You just wanted to watch triwizard tournament all the time."
"I just loved that part. Always" he just laughed and me too.

We both got silent and watched the movie harry was apologizing to the snake. We just silently watched the movie in each other's company.

"Make a wish harry." My brother was reciting every goddamn line of that movie. I was sipping my third glass of wine, well it is like mayhem. It maybe because of the Advil I took earlier the wine is having double effect on me and I just feel sleepy.

A/N: So i hope you are liking it so far. It was so hard writing this chapter and am so happy to put it here. Thankyou for showing love to this book <3 ♥️