Internet Friends

»«
Rose finishes her crisps and throws the empty bag in the bin. "Time to get cracking on that Literature paper then," she sighs to herself. She gets up from the sofa and switches off The Vampire Diaries. She makes her way over to her tiny bedroom in the apartment that she shares rent with a young woman named Clara Oswald. Her flatmate is twenty years of age and a freshman in Uni. Rose, on the other hand, is twenty four years old and is a senior in Uni. She will be graduating at the end of the year. Clara was in desperate need of somewhere to stay and at the same time, Rose was desperately trying to find someone who would share the rent with her so it all worked out fine.
»«
Anyway, Rose turns on her laptop and as soon as she does this, a message pops up. One notification from The Doctor. She smiles and hits the "Call Back" button. "Rose! It's been a whole 48 hours since we last Skype called! How are you?" says a clean-shaven, thin man , looking at the screen with a big grin. "I'm fine, Doctor," Rose replies, giving a light laugh. "And you?" "Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant." The call starts to go staticky and the face of her friend blurs out. She frowns and hangs up.
»«
He sends her a quick text a few seconds later: "Sorry about that, sweetheart :( ". She replies with: "It's alright, love. Maybe next time it'll work. ): Ttyl xxx". "Hopefully xx". She smiles and puts her iPhone away in a drawer where she won't have any other distractions.
»«
Later....
The Doctor sits in his bedroom with his guitar on his lap, thinking hard about the lyrics he wants to write down. He's trying to write a song about Rose. He can't stop thinking about her. The way she laughs makes him have butterflies in his stomach, when she gives him that dazzling smile of hers he finds it hard to breathe, when she talks it's the only sound his hearts long to hear without the static of an old computer screen. And she's so perfect in everything she does. He feels like he's a schoolboy again and has a crush on a pretty girl. But it's a little different than that. It's more than a crush. He's in love.
»«
"Hey there, Rose Tyler
What's it like in your dimension?
I'm a thousand worlds away
But I'm still seeing your reflection
In the blue...
My hearts are broken without you...
I swear it's true."
»«
A lightbulb went on in his head as he wrote down the first few lyrics to his song. He strummed a few chords until he got the tune right and went on to think of more lyrics to add to it.
»«
The next week....
"Finished!" The Doctor shouts triumphantly as the syllables echo through the TARDIS. He runs to his computer with his guitar and lyric sheet and is about to hit "Call Rose Tyler" when he stops to think. "What if it cuts out again? No, can't have that. There must be another way..." Aha! "I'll record me singing the song and send it to her as a video!" He sets up the video camera and begins recording.
»«
Later....
Rose suddenly gets a message from The Doctor as she's typing up the conclusion of her essay. She clicks on the notification and a video pops up. The Doctor is sitting in front of a video camera with a guitar and several sheets of paper in front of him. Rose is confused...until he starts singing.
»«
{At this time please go back to the media box and play the YouTube video I have included there. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the fic! Lyrics by Tumblr user gingerten}
»«
"Hey there Rose Tyler
What's it like in your dimension?
I'm a thousand worlds away
But I'm still seeing your reflection
In the blue...
My hearts are broken without you...
I swear it's true.
Hey there Rose Tyler
Don't you worry 'bout my safety
If I ever get in trouble
I'll just run and shout ALLONS-Y,
Nothing new.
Still got some running left to do,
I'll run to you...
Oh! It's what you've done to me,
Oh, across the galaxies.
Oh, it's what you've done to me,
Oh, you and your BAD WOLF tendencies,
What you've done to me...
Hey there Rose Tyler when I'd first
regenerated
I knew something now was different, new,
And simply fascinating
It was you...
I found love inside that box of blue;
And so did you...
Hey there Rose Tyler
I've got so much left to say
If it's my last chance now to tell you true
That I've wanted to say this for some
time...
Please don't forget me now,
Don't cry...
Rose Tyler, I...
»«
Meanwhile, Rose has tears streaming down her face and she's silent.
»«
Oh! It's what you've done to me!
Oh, across the galaxies...
Oh, it's what you've done to me!
Oh, you and your BAD WOLF tendencies...
I'd walk 500 miles for you,
500 more, and when I'm through
I'd fall down at your door and then I'd say...
Rose Tyler there's not time enough
To tell you all the ways I think you're
brilliant
And I've missed you since that day...
Rose Tyler I can promise you,
That I'd break time and space for you,
The universe will remember your name!
I'm on my way!
Hey there Rose Tyler
You be good and don't you miss me
You've got TenToo now to help you through
But I can't re-write hist'ry,
Not this time.
There's nothing I would rather do...
But I'll stand at Bad Wolf Bay with you...
Hey there Rose Tyler
Don't be blue...
Just kiss TenToo...
Oh! It's what you've done to me!
Oh, across the galaxies.
Oh! It's what you've done to me!
Oh, you and your BAD WOLF tendencies,
What you've done to me...
Oh-OH
O-OH
Whoa-o-o-oa!
Oh-oh, whoa-o-o-oo,
Whoa-o-o-o-o,
Oh-OH
Oh-OH"
»«
Rose sniffs and let's out another sob. She doesn't know what to say. The Doctor actually took time to write and record an absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking song  for her.
»«
She decides to call him. When he picks up and sees her tears, he lowers his head. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Rose." She shakes her head. "I lo-" She chokes on her sobs. He looks at the screen. "I love you," Rose finishes.
»«
Tears form in the corner of The Doctor's eyes. "I love you," he manages to say just before the screen goes staticky and crashes. The tears fall down his cheeks but he smiles through them, knowing that Rose loves him too.
»«
Afterwards (a few hours later after The Doctor gets his computer to restart)....
"Doctor? There's something I didn't tell you," Rose sniffs. "What is it?" "Tentoo..........he couldn't live for a long time because human + timelord are like oil and water...he passed away two weeks ago," Rose says in a serious tone. "Oh Rose, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Who do you live with now?" "Clara Oswald, she's a freshman. She's very nice, pays her share of the rent, and keeps her room clean," Rose says. "Oh, good for you. Sounds like she's great!" The Doctor says, trying to lighten the mood. "Yeah...." Rose sighs. They hang up after a while and the Doctor is alone with his thoughts.
»«
"Wait....Clara Oswald. Why does that sound so familiar?" A name pops into his head, making him freeze in his chair.
»«
Oswin.
»«