Mistletoe

{A/N: In honor of Christmas 2015 this Friday, here's a TenRose Christmas fic! Merry Christmas everyone! And a Happy New Year!🎉}

"Rose?" The Doctor shouted upstairs. "Did you find the Christmas lights?" A thump was heard and the Doctor sprinted up the stairs, two steps at a time, to the supply closet. "Is everything okay?" he asked. "Yeah, I dropped a box filled with miscellaneous festive items, s'okay, I picked them up off the floor. Nothing's broken," Rose said with a huff. "Do you need help bringing the boxes downstairs?" The Doctor asked, scratching the back of his neck. "That would be nice," Rose replied. The Doctor picked up almost all of the boxes in his arms, leaving Rose with only two to carry. Rose smiled at him, fondly. He looked so adorable in his 'ugly' Christmas sweater she bought for him from Henrik's the day before. His hair was all messy, the brown tufts sticking out everywhere. "I'm experimenting with backcombing," he'd said to her this morning. "I'll try to wear it like that tonight for dinner."

Today is Christmas Eve. They were invited to Rose's mum's tonight for dinner so it should be loads of fun. Anyways, the Doctor had wanted to decorate the TARDIS in Christmas lights and baubles. After all, this was his first Christmas with Rose Tyler, his secret love.

The Doctor excitedly took the Christmas lights out of the box. His smile faded when he saw the lights tangled up in one giant ball. "Looks like we have to untangle that mess," Rose sighed. "That's so much work! Is it always like this? Putting up decorations? Does it always take effort?" The Doctor asked with a lazy sigh. Rose nodded and giggled at the Doctor's disgusted face. "C'mon then. No time to waste," she said, holding out her hand.

Three hours later....
The Christmas lights were sparkling all over the TARDIS interior. They weaved gold tinsel around the banister of the staircase and even assembled a fake Christmas tree! Rose and the Doctor were belting out the lyrics to "Jingle Bell Rock" while hanging shiny red baubles on the tree. Rose took out a big gold glittery star from one of the boxes. The Doctor turned his back on her and held out his arms backwards. "What?" Rose asked in confusion. "Jump on my back so you can reach the top of the tree to put the star on," The Doctor explained. Rose's cheeks turned pink as she ran forward a bit and jumped on his back, lacing her arms tightly around his neck and wrapping her legs around his waist.

"Can you reach?" The Doctor asked, holding Rose's ankles. "Just about...there," Rose said, placing the star on the top branch. She returned her arms to their rightful place around his neck and put her chin on his head. The Doctor smiled to himself and waited in silence for her to say that she wanted to get off. A minute passed before she unwrapped her legs and hopped off his back. They shared a shy smile. The Doctor glanced at his pocket watch. Five thirty in the P.M. They were due at Jackie Tyler's residence at six o' clock. "We've still got a half hour," The Doctor said. "I want you to help me bake Christmas cookies," Rose replied. "Oh, I-" Rose cut him off, dragging him by his tie to the kitchen.

With the butter, brown sugar, molasses, egg, water, flour, ginger, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice laid out on the table, the Doctor and Rose were ready to start baking gingerbread men cookies. While Rose was working with flour, the Doctor scooped up a bit on his finger and rubbed it on her nose. She looked up at him and narrowed her eyes, but a smile played on her lips. "Oh, I see how it is," she said, patting his cheeks with her flour-covered hands. The Doctor smirked and grabbed a handful of flour. "Close your eyes," he instructed before blowing it in her face, sending her into a laughing fit. They lobbed handfuls of flour at each other, completely forgetting about making cookies and just enjoyed themselves. When Rose stopped laughing, she asked the Doctor about the time. "Ten past six," the Doctor replied with a grin, which faded as he soon realized that they were late to the Christmas Eve dinner. Rose muttered a curse and frantically dusted flour off of her sweater and pants.