Chapter 29

Adira.

Adira.

Adira.

She heard her name slowly fade away. The sound of her name was suddenly replaced with hissing, snarling and growling. She felt her legs and arms being tugged just so slightly it makes her limbs rock back and forth. She let out a tiny groan, her light brown eyes slowly flickering open as her left hand slide to her face. She felt more tugging at her arm causing her to open her eyes to see one of the infected clench its hand on to hers.

Adira pulled her arm back quickly before lifting half of her body up just to look down to see dry dark blood splashed and smeared on the hood of the car. She lifted her hand to her face feeling something dry under her nose and at one corner of her lips. She scratched at it before pulling her hand away just to find the same dry dark blood at the tips of her fingers that was on the car.

"Adira!" She heard her name being called out to her, pulling her out of her blank thoughts and turned her head to look behind her, "Are you okay?" She seen and heard Chad ask from the other car staring at her with his worried brown eyes.

She didn't answer right away; instead, she turned her gaze to the ghostly white individuals raising their long skinny arms with sharp fingers towards her. Her eyes flickered back to Chad, who looked even more worried than before.

She unconsciously raised an eyebrow as she replied, "Yeah." As if it was the most obvious thing yet there was a hint of confusion that glazed her voice.

"Grab your knife." He ordered her pointing his long finger at where the knife was.

She looked at him first then at her thighs. Chad watched her actions carefully and in confusion before speaking again.

"Adira, get your knife." He told her as he continued to stare at her doing nothing. Not moving just staring back at him.

"Get your knife." He repeated feeling as if he was talking to her dog, Dyson, "Adira." He called her and she looks at him, "The knife, grab it." He said slowly.

He watched as she looked away from him to look around. She spun herself around to look behind her but saw nothing. She looked more up and saw the knife on top of the trunk slightly jumping up and down as if it's dancing to the beat of the dead hands banging on the car. Chad continued to watch her, he felt as if he was watching Dyson when he sometimes fed him. Adira carefully crawled towards it and snatched up the sharp object up before it fell of the car. She crawled back to the top pulling her foot out of an infected grip as she did.

"Good." Chad breathed as Adira was looking down at the crowd of infected, "Are you okay? Are you sure?"

She turned the knife around where the sharp pointy edge is pointing in front of her. She grips it before slamming her fist down stabbing the knife into an infected head.

"Yeah." She answered less confused as her knife went into another head below, "My feet hurt." She said slowly trying to get up.

"Adira, don't get back up." Chad told her as he watched her stumble a little, "Adira, get back down. I don't know if you are seriously injured. Please, don't try standing up." His voice was covered in complete worry.

Once she stood she lifts her hand to her head as she everything in her eyes begin to spin and rock. Her legs were numb and she tried stretching them out but they gave out. She fell on one of her knees while the other slipped off the edge of the car. She didn't have enough time to recover when she was pulled off the car.

"Adira!" Chad yelled in panic.

Tyler and Madison gasped as their eyes widen, Richie quickly covered Madison's eyes blocking her from the scene. Chad banged his fist on the car and started screaming at the infected, trying to get their attention.