~Chapter 5~

From between the loosely drawn curtains of my window, the setting sun illuminates a blast of orange and other various colors in its range.

I stare outside at the blazing star with wide eyes, constantly reminding myself to blink before my eyes dry out.

With no particular thought in mind, my mind has a chance to relax and forget about any stressful times from the past.

Almost a whole hour passes, and next thing I know, I'm in my dorm room alone. I recall what recently happened, but it's as if it had never actually occurred.

My friends all left to hang out in a nearby mall, probably to go on another adventurous shopping spree. Jason was dragged into it this time, with no hope of escape.

Even Christian had his share of Alia's Daily Fantabulous Shopping Sprees, and it wasn't difficult to tell that he was getting bored with idly walking around the mall for hours on end.

I declared myself the luckiest person in the world the second Alia said I could pass for this trip, but only because she was waiting on her parents to hand in her weekly allowance.

I could live with missing one annual mall adventure. Besides, there's plenty more ahead in the future.

I sit down on my bed, sighing. Might as well practice since I'll be a loner for the next few hours, I think silently to myself.

I slipped on a baggy jacket, tossed my pointe shoes in a bag, and pulled on some regular shoes.

On my way to Studio C, the rarely used studio, I catch a glimpse of the Elite dancers practicing in Studio E.

It has the best equipment and I heard that they installed the new mirrors on the walls today.

I watch them for a few minutes, keeping track of their posture, foot placement, arm placement, the arch of their foot when on pointe.

It was exactly like watching perfection, except in human form. Everyone knows you can't be perfect, but if you practice enough, you can get close to it.

I watch one of their routines closely, then attempt to copy the lead's role.

My arms are what cause the most trouble. They never seem strong enough to hold any position, instead they resemble a dead, floppy fish.

My weaknesses are what might make the chance of becoming a professional dancer disappear.

I was so focused on the music that flowed much more gracefully around the room than I did.

I didn't even realize that a young man was standing in the doorway, leaning against the door frame.

"I'm so sorry, am I not allowed to be in here?" I jog towards the stereo I turned on before I began dancing and switch it off.

The music cuts off and the room was eerily silent.

"No, it's fine. I'm just... Admiring from afar. You have exemplary technique." I feel my mouth go dry. It takes me a while to relearn the proper way to swallow and sputter out a choppy response.

"I, uh... Thank you." He smiles and steps into the room, sliding his hands out the pockets of his jeans.

"What's your name?" He glances at his watch, as if he had a tight schedule to keep.

"I'm Chloe. May I ask who you are?" This man seems kind, hopefully kind enough not to kick me out of the empty studio.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Chloe, and I am none of your concern. May I ask for your age?" His eyebrows furrow, and his lips form a thin line.

"14... uh, Sir." The man rolls his eyes and chuckles. I'm waist deep in a pool of confusion, especially with trying to understand this man's emotions.

He came in feeling giddy, becomes a little impatient, and then laughs. Is he on his man period?

"Thank you. Keep up the great work. You're very talented, you know." With that, he turns to the door and walks away without a peep coming out of my mouth.

Once he steps out the door, I huff out a loud exhale and stare at my reflection in the mirror.

All I see is another girl staring back at me.

~~~

Sorry about this poop chapter :( I'll try to update sooner, but I can't promise that. I really appreciate votes and comments. :p

Thank you for reading!