~Chapter 10~

Days like today make me want to die in a hole. Mr. Kurt's hollering voice is definitely not the most pleasant sound. Especially if it's directed to you.

All morning and throughout rehearsals, the only thing I hear is Chloe this and Chloe that. I might start having nightmares of Mr. Kurt telling me to point my feet.

I shudder at the thought. That would be both awkward and frightening.

After countless hours of piques and pirouettes, we are dismissed from rehearsals. Mr. Kurt makes a long speech about tomorrow's competition, briefly going over all the locations we have to be at and their corresponding times.

With the last of my energy, I stride towards the bench my belongings laid on and dug through my dance bag for a partially empty water bottle.

I take one long gulp of ice cold water, my tense and overworked muscles relaxing as the cool liquid rushes down my throat. A quiet thud echoes lightly through the studio as I place my bottle on the bench.

I clear a space on the bench to sit, in desperate need of resting my aching legs for a few minutes.

"You look pooped out." Matthias, clearly appearing pooped out himself, sneaks up from behind.

"Same goes for you, although you could use a quick touch up here and there." He shakes his head, walking around the clutter of pointe shoes to sit next to me.

"Hey, come on," He playfully punches my shoulder. "I don't look that bad."

I punch him back, not too rough. "Whatever. You have your opinion," I point a finger to him then switch it over to me. "And I have mine."

He rolls his eyes in response, a smile curling from the edge of his lips and spreading wide across his face.

"Hey, I'm going to a party in a few. Want to tag along?" Matthias looks hopeful of the answer he'd like. But what I say is the opposite.

"I think I'll pass." I try not to look at his face, which most probably is full of disappointment.

"It'll be fun. Plus, you need to get out more. You literally stay in your dorm 24/7." He has a good point.

"Fine." I give in, sighing in defeat. "What's fun about parties anyway?"

Matthias swings an arm around my shoulders and sways me along to imaginary music. "You get to dance."

I do like to dance.

"Okay, okay. I'll be there." He squeezes my shoulders in delight, then releases them.

"You better." He smirks. "Be ready by 9. Wait, 8 because 9 is past your bedtime."

I stick my tongue out at him and walk out through the doors of Studio E.

~~~

"Isn't this fun?" Loud music blasts through the dorm of the host, whose identity is unknown to me.

I shake my head ferociously to confirm my reply, fully aware that my voice would've only been drowned out by the music.

"Let loose, have a bit of fun." By my side, Matthias is dancing along with the other adolescents who had showed up.

Many of the guests greet him or casually pat him on the back, some even daring to interrupt his dancing to have a quick chat.

He occasionally glances over to me though, sneaking in a few laughs to lighten up my mood.

Maybe he's trying to help me get over the fact that he's really popular when it comes to parties and I'm the complete opposite.

I don't mind, it's not like I enjoy being swarmed by others for hours on end.

Matthias finishes another side conversation with some person next to us. As he turns around, he gives me a smile and gently wraps his hand around my wrist, pulling me into a different room.

This room wasn't as crowded, only a few idling people and a couple making out in the corner. I gag at the sight and look away.

The music didn't burst our ear drums in here either, allowing me to speak normally.

Matthias releases his grip on my wrist after we both sit on the deserted couch in the middle of the room.

"You don't seem to be having fun." Matthias says with a pout, looking down at his hands.

I play with a loose strand of my hair. I tuck it back in before folding my hands and placing them on my lap where I sat cross-legged on the cushion.

"No, I'm not having much fun." Matthias looks up at me apologetically.

"If I had known you extremely disliked parties, I wouldn't have dragged you down to mine."

His party? I felt a twinge a guilt for not even trying to enjoy my time here.

"Your party?" I say, trying to ignore the hurt I see him feel on the inside, though he hides it well.

"Yeah," he scratches the back of his head, leaning back into one of the throw pillows on the couch.

"What the heck, Matthias," I reach for the throw pillow behind my back and fling it at him. "If I had known this was your party all along, I would have tried to have some fun. I feel terrible."

The pillow I attacked him with fell to the floor as he blocked his face with his forearms.

"Don't feel that way. If you want to make it up to me, try having fun for the rest of the time being." He throws another pillow back and I catch it with ease.

"That's tough, parties aren't really my type of thing." I smirk and toss the pillow to him again.

"Just try, for me at least." He smiles, catching the pillow effortlessly and then throwing it back to me.

Before we knew it, time was a thing of the past and I actually had a blast building a pillow fort and attacking Matthias.

We continue aiming for each other with throw pillows until our arms were tired and our pillow forts were destroyed.

"I win!" I laugh and Matthias joins in.

"I don't think so." Before I knew it, another pillow blindly hurdles to me. It hits me square in the face, erupting me into a fit of laughter.

"Hey! I already won, you can't try to win anymore." I launch another pillow to destroy his pillow fort even more than its miserable state already.

Matthias crosses to my side of the room, stepping over what used to be my fort and tackling me backwards onto the couch.

"Get...off of...me!" I manage to shriek through laughter, as I helplessly punch and kick at him.

Matthias looks me in the eyes. "Say that I win, then."

"Cheater." I mumble under my breath and shake my head, not in the mood to lose.

"I'm not moving until you do." Matthias keeps me pinned down from my shoulders.

"Fine. You...win." He may have gotten away with an unfair win, but this is the only time it's going to happen.

~~~

Sorry about the long wait, I wrote this last minute so I could try to upload a Christmas chapter! I still haven't figured out if I should, but I'll try.

I want to thank everyone for reading, commenting, and voting on my story. I'm at 68 votes! Let's get to 100 soon!

Love ya! :3