~Chapter 9~

"I've told you a thousand times, Chloe. It's a piqué to arabesque, slide to fifth position front, and then chasse, grande jete, fifth position plié, two fouetté turns." Mr. Kurt sighs loudly, bringing a hand up to rub his forehead.

Our first competition is supposedly this Saturday which is in four days. So instead of relaxing on our bed while eating all the junk food we can stuff our mouths with, we are forced to finish each and every eight count of this dance.

"Sorry, sorry." I can't seem to get this combination memorized and it messes up the whole dance for everyone. I wonder what intrigued Mr. Kurt about me in the first place, I'm usually clumsy at everything in particular.

"From the beginning, everyone." He looks me in the eye. "One more time, if we can all get this right." He starts counting again as he claps to a steady rhythm.

"Five, six, seven, eight, and one, two, three, four..."

~~~

Pirouettes will be the death of me.

"Attack those turns! Higher on your relevé, Chloe. Spot something in the mirror."

Every pirouette I do causes my hair to whip the side of my face as I spot the tiny green dot sticker I placed on the mirror.

"Where are your arms, Chloe? They are supposed to be in a first. Get it right." I get correction after correction, never seeming to actually correct any.

We eventually get a break, but were instructed to go over each eight count we learned at the beginning of class.

I slump on top of Mary, whining like a child. "Mary, I'm slowly dying. Save me from my misery." I pretend to be light-headed and lean back with a hand fanning my face.

"How am I supposed to save you when I'm dying too?" She fakes a death and lies still under me, bearing my weight. Good thing I'm not heavy.

"I'll save you two." Matthias says lazily as he flops on top of me, doubling the weight Mary was carrying.

"Matthias, get off of me!" I scream, but he remains there lying at the top of our human mountain. I don't even know if he's awake.

"Why are you complaining, Chloe? I'm at the bottom." Mary squeezes her way out from under me.

"Sure, you save yourself from Matthias the Heavy Anchor but not me." I roll my eyes at her, holding my hands in front of me.

She gets a grip on both my hands and pulls me out from under Matthias.

"Thanks," I tell her. For the first time, I am actually enjoying this class.

"Hey, Chlo!" Matthias calls from his lying position on the ground. "Be a kind child and help me up."

"It's Chloe. Only my best friends can call me that." He pouts, sticking out his bottom lip and widening his eyes.

"I'm not your best friend?" Shaking my head, I reach down for his hand but at the last second pull it away from his grasp.

"Nope!" I run as far as I can before Matthias gets up and catches me by the wrist.

"You are so childish." He wraps his arms around my waist and I know there's no escaping.

I laugh despite my sore stomach. "Matthias! Let go of me!" He stands with a firm grip on my waist, holding me against my will. I flail uselessly in an act to escape, though his strong build makes that task impossible. Realizing that fidgeting wouldn't get me anywhere, I stop moving.

"Did little Chloe give up?" He smirks and releases me from his grasp.

"That's not fair, you're strong." I say as I fold my arms across my chest.

"You underestimate yourself a lot, Chloe. Believe in yourself more often." His smile is soft, as well as his eyes.

"I believe that I am a small and defenseless ten-year-old!" I exclaim with a strong voice. "Did that have enough confidence?"

He laughs and shakes his head. "The confidence level went up, but for the wrong statement."

Before I can reply, Mary nudges my shoulder, pointing to the other dancers. They all finished their break and have started going over the group dance.

"Oh, thanks for reminding me. Could you help me with the work after the arabesque?" I swat Matthias away, who grumpily walks over to a random group of dancers.

"Wait, which eight count are you talking about?" Mary asks as she goes through each eight count in her head. I shrug not knowing how to reply.

"Is it near the forced arch that's near the fan kick or the fouetté turns that—"

"Thanks for helping Mary, but I've got this little rascal under control." Matthias steps up from behind Mary, who smiles gratefully at him and skips away to another group of dancers.

"So you know what I'm talking about?" I ask to make sure he's not confused too.

"Yeah, I know. The fourth eight count. So you've got to slide from devant to fifth. It helps to bend your supporting leg." He shows me a piqué to arabesque to a fifth.

"Then you just add a chasse. Got it?" I nod and set at the beginning of the combination.

"Five, six, seven, eight..."

~~~

50 VOTES!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! xD

Thank you to everyone who continues to vote and comment on my story. Stay amazing!

Should I switch to Matthias's POV or keep it on Chloe's? Tell me in the comments :p

Ilysm! :3

(Hey, do you know what happens when you press the cute little star button? Idk either, you should press it to see what it does :D )