9

"M-mom he's back. H-he's-" Luke cries, in his mom's arms, panicked.
"Shh, baby. He can't hurt us. He won't hurt us again. I won't let him."
Luke whimpers. "Mo-om my head."
"The medicine will kick in soon, sweetie, it's okay." Luke pushes his face further into her body, but his head shoots up as a knocking at the door presents itself. Luke's breathing quickens in fear, thinking the person at the door was the man who made his life hell. "Mom mom.. It's- it's it's him. He's back-
mom."
"Sweetie, I think it's Ash. I called him earlier to come over." Luke's whole demeanor perks up. "Ashie?"
"Yeah, baby. Ash came. Now, will you get off me, so I can let him in?" Liz asks softly. Luke hesitantly gets off of her as his earlier panic wears off. Liz opens the door, a smile on her face as she greets Ashton.
"Ashashashashashashashashashash" Luke chants as he makes his way to Ashton, almost making the both of them topple over after jumping on the boy.
"Hey, lukey. How are you feeling?"
"Head hurts."
"Still?" Luke nods. "Aw, poor baby. It's alright. How about we go cuddle upstairs?"
"Mhmm."
"Alright. Let's go."
Ashton picks Luke up, wrapping his arms around his backside as Luke tightens his grip.
Ash walks up the stairs, Luke in his arms. He makes his way to the door, where he sets Luke down, though still supporting the boys weight, and opens the door carefully.
"Alright, come on." Ashton pulls Luke along. He shuts the door, and they sit on the bed. "How's your head?" Luke looks up with tears in his eyes.
"It still hurts. N-not as bad but still p-pretty painful." Ashton gets up, ad turns the light off. He helps Luke to lie down, and they cuddle. "Thank you, Ash."
"Not a problem, lukey boy." Ashton says through a yawn. "Let's sleep."
"Okay."
*********************************
Luke sits up with tears in his eyes, breathing heavily.
He looks at Ashton to see he's still asleep.
Luke carefully gets out of bed and walks to the bathroom.
He turns on the light and looks in the mirror.
Ugly
So
Fucking
Ugly
Luke knows this is true, because his step dad always reminded him how worthless and ugly he was.
How ugly he is.
Luke looks around the bathroom for anything he can use as relief.
Though, he doesn't want anything left as proof. His eyes catch a tack on the wall. Surely it won't leave very bad marks. It'll do its job and then back to the wall, no evidence to be found. It'll work. He slowly pulls the tack off the wall, and pushes his sleeve up. He brings the tack to his wrist, drawing a few small lines everywhere.
He's interrupted, though, when a knock sounds on the bathroom door. "Luke? You in there?" Luke clears his throat. "Yeah."
"You okay?"
"I uh. Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. T-totally fine." Dammit. Luke thinks. I stuttered. He's gonna know something's up.
"Luke... Can I come in?" Ashton doesn't wait for a response before entering. His eyes drifting to the tack in Luke's hand that's resting on his wrist. "Luke..." Ashton walks towards the crying boy, softly taking the tack from him. He examines the harm done to his wrist. "Luke, why didn't you wake me up?"
"Because I didn't want to be a burden."
"Luke, you'll never be a burden to me. I need you to talk to be about these things. I need to be able to help you, Luke." Luke falls into Ashton's arms, sobbing harshly.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please please forgive me, Ashton. Please."
The boys fall to the floor, Luke's legs giving out beneath him. Ashton holds the boy tightly, rocking him; calming him.
"Shh, honey. I'm not upset. I'm not upset. I promise. I love you. It's okay. It's okay, baby. You're okay. I love you."
Luke's sobs intensify in relief.
"Thank you. Thank you, Ashton."
"Come on, sweets. Let's go back to sleep."
"Okay." Luke mumbles tiredly. Ashton helps him stand, and they walk to the bed, exhausted by the recent events.
"Night night, lukey."
"N'night. Thank you."
"I love you."
"Love you." Luke whispers before falling into a deep sleep. Ashton kisses his forehead, wrapping his arms around Luke.

-

Alright that's the chapter.
Like
Comment
Vote
Lol alright
-
Edited