Chapter 1

All characters except for Lily, Elliot, and Jenny and her parents are Rick Riordan's. They are not my original work. Most of the story line is mine.

The nightmares got worse every night. This time the first thing I saw was a boy dressed in all black sitting in some sort of bronze jar, eight little red things lying at his feet, three broken. Seeds? I saw three lines across the wall. The air was thick even in the dream and I didn't understand how the boy could have survived. He didn't look afraid. He had a blank look on his face, just staring at nothing. Then the dream dissolved.
I woke to a loud bang and some one walking through the house. My parents didn't wake up, so I decided to check it out. I grabbed my basketball from the corner and tiptoed downstairs.
The first thing I saw was a teenage boy just standing there in the middle of the kitchen. He wore a baseball hat, a white shirt, and khakis. I threw the basketball at the back of his head and the hat fell off, revealing two... Horns? She just stared and the teenager turned around. He put his finger to his lip and said, "I'm here to help you. I'm a satyr here to take you to Camp half-blood, don't freak out," he winced, but I kept a straight face, I believed him, "Go pack something, you need to leave now. Something bad is about to happen to you unless you get out of here. Now,"
I didn't even know this his name, but something about him made him seem trustworthy. I ran to my room and grabbed a sinch sack and put in a pair of jeans and black shirt that said 'deal with it', my sandals, the book I was currently reading (Mark of Athena), my phone, and my Beats. I slipped on my black converse high-tops and my blue AAU sweatshirt that said my number and last name on the back: 32 Houston.
I wrote a note that said:
Dear mom and dad,
If you're reading this, know I'm ok. I went to CBH because I satyr told me something was going to happen to me and he had to get me out of here.
Love,
Jenny

I wasn't sure they would care about it anyways. It's not like cared I walked three miles to school and three miles back. It's not like they cared I had nightmares. It's not like they cared I got bullied. They didn't even care enough to give me a middle name!
I walked into the bathroom and stared at myself. My blue eyes gleamed in the hazy light. I had a sprinkled of freckles across my slightly upturned nose. My thick lips were bold even without lipstick. I am beautiful I told myself. I wasn't so sure. Other people told me I was ugly. I wished I had brown curly hair, but I was stuck with blonde hair, gold as the sun. I guess it's not that bad if you think about it like that.

I trudged down the stairs, the satyr tapping his hoof impatiently. Sometime when I was upstairs he had taken off his fake feet and pants. "I'm Forest Gump," he said, "Just kidding. I'm Forest Westmark. Now c'mon! We gotta hurry!"

A/N just to let you know there is a picture of Annabeth at the top bc I thought it was an amazing drawing of her and the girl in my story looks similar to her.