Chapter1

Keegan's POV:

As I stepped off the plane the fresh Hawaiian breeze hit my face. I opened my eyes and looked around before going to get my bags. Once I got them I caught a can to the "Palace". I'm a nervous reck right about now. I'm going to meet my father for the first time. It's no big deal Keegan. You got this. When we arrived at the Palace I paid the cab driver then grabbed my bags out the trunk. I went inside. I had to stop pass security so they could make sure I wasn't smuggling any thing illegal onto the island. Once I was cleared they told me where I could find Steve McGarrett's office. I took the elevator up to the third floor then went down this long hallway and went through two double doors on the left. The first thing I saw was this giant tablet table thing. As I walked further into the space I noticed nobody was there. There were four offices so I didn't know which one belonged to Steve so that made things a lot more complicated. I walked over to the office that had all of these badges in it from the navy. Before I left California my mother told me that Steve was a highly decorated Navy Seal so this must be his office. I sat my bags on the floor as I sat down in a chair. I went into my laptop bag and grabbed my headphones. I plugged them into my phone and played "Selfish Girls" by Jake Miller. I started to sing along to the chorus.

"Selfish girls, they want the whole wide world.
I give them want everything and they cry when the sky's not blue.
This songs for selfish girls, they want the whole wide world.
They just want every thing and they cry when the sky's not blue."

As I danced like a fool around Steve's office I turned around facing the door and saw who I suspect is him. He was about six feet tall with brown hair and hazel eyes. Well at least think they're hazel. He seemed like a very laid back person. He wore a pair of cargo khaki pants with a black v-neck shirt. I took my head phones off.

"How much of that did you catch," I asked softly? Almost all of it. Steve's response was very nonchalant. The way my mother described him is completely different than how I imagined him. "So who are you," he asked? I'm Keegan. Steve McGarrett. Steve held out his hand. My heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach. Do I shake his hand or not? I took Steve's hand. "If you don't mind I'm kinda busy," he said. This might sound crazy but I'm your daughter. Steve laughed as he sat down. "Listen kid I don't have any children nor do I wan any." If you didn't have a child, I wouldn't be standing here. Steve looked at me. He very sarcastic person so this was going to be complicated. "Do you know a Melanie Gray," I asked? Yeah dated her back in high school. We broke up before she moved to the main land. Main land? The United States. Well when nine months after you guys broke up I arrived.

Steve gave me a confused look as if I was speaking a foreign language or something. I don't think my mother told him she was pregnant and now she's sending me to live with Steve. I wonder what goes through that woman's mind when she does things. I don't normally question her ideas but this one she didn't think completely through. I just pressed my forehead to the palm of my hand and shook my head.

      "So kid," Steve said. I turned around and looked at him. Whats Melanie's number so I can call here. Umm. I unlocked my phone and gave Steve my mother's number. "Can you step out while I talk to her?" Sure.

    I sat my phone down and walked out of his office over to the giant tablet table thingy. I knew that it was high level technology but I decided to see what it could do. I tapped the screen which made a keyboard appear so I decided to see if I could pull up all my information. I curiosity got the best of me. I typed in my name Keegan McGarrett and my drivers license popped up along with the time my plane landed.

      "Hey," said a man. He was short with brownish blonde hair and blue eyes. He wore a pair of dress pants with a pale blue button up shirt and a tie. "Don't touch the computer," he said. Sorry I was curious.Who are you?"
I pointed to the screen that projected all my information. The man looked at me then looked into Steve's off then laughed. "You're a McGarrett,"he asked? I mean my information is right in front of you. I think I see that. Well you have on a tie in Hawaii. Ok now you sound like McGarrett. Who are you? I am Detective Danny Williams. I work with Steve on the Five-0 task force. Well I'm Keegan McGarrett. I'm Steve's daughter. Danny burst into laughter. "What?" Steve doesn't have and children. Well if he didn't I wouldn't be standing here. Is this some trick? No----. Steve tapped on his office door telling me to come here. "Nice talking with you," I said while walking away.

    I  open the glass door and sat in the chair I was sitting in before I started dancing. Steve had a look of excitement/nervousness on his face. I don't know he discussed with my mother but he seemed queasy about it. "Ok," he said. Would you like to sit down? Uh no I'm fine. Are you ok? Yeah besides the fact I have a daughter and I missed out on most of her life. Yeah I splendid. If you don't want me here I can leave. Steve looked at me then squared in front of me and took my hands. "I might seem a little off but trust me." I want you here. Umm ok? I wanted to laugh because Steve doesn't seem like the type to get all sentimental. He seems more like the type that everything he says has something to do with like his job or he speaks using tactical terms. Steve stood up and held his arms out. "Hug," he questioned. I smiled as my heart felt warm and fuzzy. I stood up and hugged Steve.

    And this is where my journey begins.....