The Second Date

Riiiiiiing Riiiiiiing Riiiiiiing

Jave groaned and picked up his phone, grumbling incoherently.

"What," he mumbled into his cell, his eyes still heavy.

"Emergency date tomorrow," a voice whispered on the other line.

"What?" He had barely heard any of that.

"The Greek Restaurant at five tomorrow, okay? My mom suspects us and has been asking why we never go one dates,"

"W-what.." His eyes were closed and he felt his consciousness slipping away.

"G'night,"

.oOo.

Bella nervously fiddled with the folds on her dress. It was bright pink and stopped a bit below mid-thigh. She had forgotten to tell Jave to wear something nice the night before, and couldn't stop worrying that he'd show up in some baggy attire that supposedly made him look badass, but really just made him look like a slob.

Suddenly, she felt a hand snake around her waist, and she jumped in surprise. Standing next to her was the bad boy Jave Jandle wearing a freaking tuxedo and his infamous smirk.

As much as she didn't want to, she couldn't help but stare as the expensive black material clung to his body and--snap the hell out of it, Bella! She thought to herself, her eyes trailing the line of his broad shoulders.

Jave leaned in close. "Like what you see, Galvan?" He whispered in her ear.

Bella's cheeks flamed and she whipped away from him.

"In your dreams. I wouldn't want to boost that bloated ego of yours,"

Jave just smirked some more. It must hurt, smiling creepily for so long.

Grabbing his hand, she led him into the restaurant. It was a fancy Greek place with grape vines hanging from the walls and a wine-tasting station corner across the room. Letting Bella's hand envelope his, Jave followed, admiring the deep lighting that set the perfect mood for seducing the girl. He couldn't go along with his life if he let even one girl go without making her fall for him.

If he had just known what a beauty Bella was under that smart-ass mask of hers, he would have put more effort into making her fall for him.

Bella's soft hand unclasped with his when they reached the table. Taken by surprise, Jave almost reached back out to take her hand again, missing the tingly warmth that had spread through his body when he was in contact with her. Great. Just from spending so much time with her, she was making him sound like a fool.

Watching her every move, Jave's eyes trailed over her body, marking the graceful lines of her movements as she sat down. Finally, she burst out, "Gosh, stop staring at me!"

Jave flushed red and quickly covered it up, but not soon enough before Bella could notice. She leaned close, just as he did to her, and whispered in his ear.

"Like what you see, Jandle?"

"In your dreams," He looked away, towards the menu before him. "What'll you have?"

Bella repeated his action and scanned her menu as well.

"I think I'll start off with a Greek Salad of course, and...ooh! The Chicken Gyros sounds great."