Chapter 8

I could hear Bella and Jacob yelling and screaming for me as I plummeted into the water. I saw all underwater fishies and eels and stuff like that. They were so pretty. I decided to come up for air. I grinned up at the boys and yelled up in excitement. They yelled back. Sam, Paul, then Jared, Quil, Embry, Collin, then Brady all jumped in. We all swan around for alittle while. We just kept jumping off the cliff until Sam said it was Collin and Brady's shift time. We got out and we all, but Collin and Brady went back to Sam's. I got out of Paul's truck and walked to my car. Someone pushed me up against my car. I instantly knew it was Paul. "Paul, I have a mate." I tell him. His breathe hit my neck. "So. He's a vampire, your a wolf. You two can't be together. Why not be with me?" He asks me lowly. I growled and turned around to face him.

"Because your not my type. Paul, your my brother, you have Rachael and I have Jasper. I have a mate." I tell him and shove him off of me. He smirked. I got in my car, glaring at him. I pull out and zoom off. I let out a huff of breathe as Paul tried to get with me. I should've whooped his ass. I drive back home, and get ready to see my 'family' again. I then jump out of my window and run to the treaty line and lean against a tree. I then hear some swooshes and my family was standing there, waiting for me to explain. "Okay, I know you all are probably pissed at me, but I didn't have a choice in the matter. I know yal probably hate me, and that's fine. I would hate me too." I say, whispering the last part. I then begin.

"Okay, so, like Carlisle suggested, I went to Sam's. When I went, they said they could smell the wolf gene in my blood, so Paul decided to slap the hell outta me, triggering the phasing. And, then I went back to school. I got suspended because I skipped too many classes without a note or permission. I went back home, watched some movies, then Paul texted me and asked if I wanted to go cliff diving, I said yes, so we all went cliff diving. Then, we headed back, as Collin and Brady got ready for patrols, and at 11, me and Jared are next. I go to get in my car, and Paul makes a move on me. I told him, I have a mate, he said he didn't care, and still tried to get me. He asked me why I'd didn't want him, and I told him, he wasn't my type, I have a mate, he has a imprint, and I shoved him away, drove him, got ready and here we are." I explain.

Everyone's face was soft and saddened. "And I know yal probably hate me now, because I'm a wolf, so imma go." I said and was about to run off, when a cold hand grabbed my wrist gently. I felt the sparks. It was Jasper. "We don't hate you. You told us the truth, and the rules don't apply if we are mates. The rules are void for us. Please. We still love you even though your a different species." Jasper says softly. I start to tear up. He still loves me. "Meagan. We still love and care for you. We all do." Esme said softly as well. "Edward." I start. He nods and smiled. "I saw everything." He says and holds his arms out. I smiled and ran into my brothers arms. We hugged each other. I smiled as I sniffled.

Then I run into Emmett's arms too, Carlisle's, practically everyone's, but I save Jasper's for last. I turned him around and hugged him as hard as I could without possibly hurting him. He hugged me back. "I missed you." I whimper. He chuckled. "I know. I missed you too." He said. And after that, I went to the Cullen's house for a bit, until we heard Sam howl. I curse. "Damnit. I'll see you guys at 1!" I say and dart out of the house as quick as I could and shifted. I ran all the way to me and Jared's patrol spot and I stood watching with Jared. We talked about the Cullen's still loving me, me being their family member again.

After our shift was done, I ran back to the Cullen's house and waited by the door so Esme could bring me some clothes to borrow from Alice since Alice had gone hunting for the night. She put the clothes in my mouth and I trotted behind a tree and put the clothes on. I ran back inside the house and sat by Emmett on the floor. I soon got tired and put my head in his lap. "Where's Jas?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Somewhere upstairs. Probably in his room, go check." Emmett said so I got up lazily and quietly climbed the stairs. I walk to Jas' room and hear.......moaning? I open the door and I won't believe my eyes. Alice and Jasper.......getting it on!! I gasped and my hand went directly to my mouth.

They looked at me and their eyes went wide. "Oh my! I'm sorry!" I quickly apologize and turn around and slam the door shut and ran down the stairs. "Emmett!" I call out for him, and he and Rosalie are quickly in front of me as I cry. "He! He-!!" I try to say, but my anxiety gets in the way. "He cheated!" I told them and they were shocked and pissed. They quickly calmed me down and laid me down on the couch. I sobbed into Emmett's chest as Rosalie soothed me. "Don't worry, he doesn't deserve you." Emmett told me in my ear. I nodded and curled up next to Rosalie and Emmett and my eyes closed. I heard Alice and Jasper coming down the stairs.

"Meagan! I'm sorry!" Alice tries but Rosalie yells at her. "No Alice! Your not! Your only sorry you got caught! As for you Jasper! My own brother! And I thought you were compassionate about Meagan! What the hell is wrong with you?!?" She yells at them both. I hugged her. I then got up and hugged Emmett too. "Tell Esme and Carlisle I love them. I'm gonna go home, Charlie is probably wondering where I am. I'll see you two tomorrow, if you guys are going to school." I say and walk out the door. I get in my car and drive home. The drive home was hectic. I barely missed two rabbits, three deer, and one squirrel. I was breaking down now. Once I got out of my car, I quickly ran inside, ran up the stairs to my room. I shut and locked the hatch and jumped on my bed and balled my eyes out. "Meagan?" I heard Edward at from my window. I look over and start crying again. I replayed the cheating for him, and his face softened. He came in and hugged me. I cried into his neck. "I can't believe he did this to me." I whisper. He rubbed my back in a calming manner.

"He's not worth it. No man is worth you time if he cheats on you with your now ex-best friend." He told me. I nodded and wiped my tears. I sniffled. "Where's Bella?" I ask him. He smiled sadly. "Spending the night at my house. I guess she was in Alice's room when this happened, I thought she was here, until you almost busted the door down getting into the house, then I knew something was wrong. I'm sorry." He apologizes. I wave it off. "Don't be sorry, you didn't do it. I'm sorry you have to see me like this." I apologize and he chuckles. "Nonsense. You look fine when you cry. Don't worry about it. Can I tell you something?" He asks me. I nod.

"To be honest, I think Bella is in love with Jacob, but she just won't admit it, since I can't read her mind, it frustrates me to the end. Maybe you can get something out of her? Maybe we can pretend we don't like each other anymore because I probably agreed with Jasper that he doesn't love you or something, what do you say?" He asks me. I huff. "Yeah. And if she knows Jasper and I aren't together anymore, and you 'taking' his side, she'll probably tell me everything, we just got to tell Rosalie, Emmett, Carlisle, and Esme for our plan to work." I tell him. He smiled. "And I have to reject Jasper now. How am I going to do that without falling into pieces? I don't think I have to heart to do it! I'm weak!" I tell him and face palm a pillow. He rubbed my hair, making me relax.

"You'll be fine. And can I tell you something else?" He asks me softly. I nod into the pillow. "I might be infatuated with you." He whispers. I looked at him. Right. In. The. Eyes. I smiled. "Tell if you still feel the same way after I reject Jasper, and I'll see if I feel the same." I said, and he smiled understandingly, and nodded. That night, we talked about anything, and I felt like I could be myself with him. I laughed uncontrollably, choked on my own spit still laughing, blushed like a maniac, anything you could think of, and I did it. It was quite a night. Then, I started to yawn, and he told me to go to sleep. And I did, with him invading my dreams.

"Night Edward." I whispered to him. "Goodnight Rabbit." He whispered back, and I was out like a light at 3:00 in the morning.