Chapter 1 - Interrogation Room

Sunday

August 25th 2013

New York City

Location: “Warehouse”

Alarms went buzzing throughout the warehouse as I casually walked through the dingy halls. There was and intruder. We haven’t had a new one in months.

“Angela, we need you in the interrogation room”

“Copy, I'm on my way” I replied to the familiar voice in the talkie. Twist, as they call him, has been my boss for about 3 years now. Hes one of the few people I trust, as I'm one of his few workers he trust. There’s always a worker here that’s a “double agent” they like to call themselves. We call them intruders, betrayals. Once revealed, they’re fate usually results in death. Which is where I come in. I interrogate them, find out what they’re doing in our territory, then execute them. I’m sixteen and I've already killed more people than my age. Not saying that I'm proud of that. I’m actually very ashamed of what I’ve become. I know my parents would be too if they were alive. Of course if they were alive, I wouldn’t be here, making yet another trip to this dreadful room, trying to locate the man who murdered them. I nodded at the guard who protected the interrogation room. I didn’t bother to remember his name because sooner or later he'd be replaced or executed. It always happens to anyone I get attached to. Entering the room I saw a man tied to a chair with several other guards surrounding him.

“Henry Oswald Ortiz, also known as “H2O”, also known as the man who was the guard of our stash room” Twist said handing me a file, which was probably filled with every information on this Henry guy. “You know what to do” He said before walking out of the interrogation room. This basically meant “threaten the life of his entire family and find out every ounce of information this man is carrying, then kill his ass and dispose of his remains.” But knowing how much a humane man Twist is, sarcastically speaking, he’d rather leave the prisoner guessing.

I carefully studied the man in silence, carefully flipping through the file in the folder Twist handed me. “You can leave now” I told the guards. They obeyed my command and shut the door behind them. I sat up from my seat and ripped the tape off the mans mouth. He let out a groan.

“Now” I said to the man. “You can either cooperate, or ill make you cooperate” I told him before sitting back down in my previous position.

“Please” He chuckled. “I’ve worked her long enough to know you’re gonna kill me either way. So I’m not telling you anything.”

“You are correct. You will be dead by the end of today, But you will tell me what I need to know before I kill you. Because you see Mr. Ortiz, your life isn’t the only one at steak here.” I smoothly said as I took a photograph out of the folder.

“You do have a son, don’t you? Michael Ortiz, six years old” I showed him the photo of his son.

“Don't you dare lay a finger on him!” Henry yelled as he tried to get free of the chair.

“Uh uh uh” I wagged my finger at him. “You see Henry, this is how it works. You tell me what I need to know, or else you wont be the only Ortiz to be executed tonight. You do have a wife right?” I mocked. His jaw tightened which I took as a sign that he was ready to cooperate.

“Okay, now tell me what you know” I demanded.

“Not much” he replied. “He doesn’t tell us much. He gives an order, we obey it. That’s all”

“This 'he' we're talking about, your boss right?” I asked, already knowing the answer to.

“Yeah”

“And what was your mission? Your reason of being here?”

“He wanted me to be here, to gain your trust, find out where you keep your stash. And when the time was right, we take over.”

“He hasn’t sent one of you in months. Why the sudden change?”

“He wants you to let your guard down”

“One last question” I told him looking him in the eye. This is where its starts to get personal. “Where can I find him?”

“Find who?”

“Davinci” I replied. His eyes widened. Davinci is the boss of all bosses, the man on top. He was they’re savior in their eyes. Their mafias very own Jesus Christ. But to me, he was the devil.

“I'm sorry. I don’t know where he is. Nobody does.”

“Lies!” I snapped getting up from my seat and pulling my hand gun from the holster. “Now you’re gonna tell me where he is or I'm gonna put a bullet to your head and you’re gonna be seeing your wife and son in heaven real soon Ortiz” I said touching the gun to his forehead.

“I don't know. Please don't hurt my family” he sobbed as tears formed in his eyes.

“I'm gonna count to three, and if you don’t tell me I swear to god!”

“Please, I told you everything, just don’t hurt them”

“ONE!” I yelled pushing the gun onto his temple.

“STOP, PLEASE” he sobbed.

“TWO”

“Please I’m begging you”

“Three” I said taking the safety off of the hand gun as his cries grew louder.

(Picture of Angela to the right 10+ Comments for next chapter Fan & Vote <3)