Chapter 12 - Party

Saturday

September 7th 2013

New York City

Location: Simmons Apartment

Coming out from the shower, I stepped into my bedroom admiring the outfit laid out on my bed. I smiled at the red party dress, running my fingers along it. It was gorgeous. I never actually been to a real party. I’ve been to those adult gatherings for some undercover work, but not to an actual teenage party. After checking the time, I quickly got ready. Just as I slipped the dress up and let my hair fall down, the door bell rang. Opening the door, the shocked faces of Charlene and Jacob appeared.

“Hey” I nervously said. “Do I look okay?”

“You look amazing” Charlene squealed.

“You sure?” I asked

“Yeah, you look great” Jacob smiled reassuringly.

Smiling and thanking them, we headed outside and into Charlene's car. The Fray played lowly on the radio with Jacob softly humming along.

“So, this is Craig's party right?” I curiously asked.

“Yup” Charlene replied.

“What's he like?” I asked.

“Don't worry, he's a sweetheart” she smiled through the rear view mirror.

“He's friends with your brother.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, they made music together. They hung out with that quiet kid too. Whats his name? The one with the braids?” she thought while snapping her finger.

“Rayan” Jacob finished.

“Yeah him”

“And what's he like?” I asked.

“He's quiet mostly. But he's wicked with paint” Jacob answered.

“He made music with your brother too.” Charlene added.

“I guess my brother knew a lot if people” nodded.

“Yeah, everyone loved him. So don't worry, you'll do fine” She said smiling and looking back at me.

I returned the gesture just as she began pulling up to a driveway. Immediately after stepping out the car we heard the music roaring through the half opened windows. There were some teens sitting outside sand talking talking and others with cups in their hands smoking cigarettes. Charlene an Jacob were greeted by most of the them while we entered. Walking through the double doors, the music blasted through my ears. It was pretty packed for a house party. Majority of the furniture was pushed to the walls except for the couches.