Chapter 7 - Flashback

[Flashback]

“I don't want to play anymore Daniel” Angela yelled as she threw the football at him. He caught it with ease before stepping a few feet backwards.

“C'mon Ang, one mire time! You promised you would help me practice! You want me to be a famous football player right? Like the ones dad watches on T.V all the time?”

“Alright, fine! But you have to help me with my algebra!” she said. He threw the football to her softly. She caught it swiftly and smiled to herself. With all the help she's been giving her brother, she's been picking up on a few moves herself. She threw the ball towards him, watching it spin through the air. Daniel jumped up to catch it and rolled on the floor dramatically.

“Touchdown!” he yelled and cheered.

“Woohoo!” Angela cheered for him. Their father clapped proudly at how his kids treated one another. Something that he never had with his siblings.

“C'mon guys, we have to get home for dinner” their mom Diane called as she grabbed their sister Mandy and put her into the stroller. They grabbed their backpacks off the ground and ran towards their parents.

“Can we come here again after school tomorrow?” Daniel asked

“Yeah please?” Angela begged.

“If that's okay with your father” Diane said. She turned to look at him, and so did the kids, but he seemed as if something was troubling him.

“Paul?” she said putting her hand to his shoulder.

“Huh?” he snapped out of it.

“You alright?”

“Yeah I'm fine” he lied.

“So can we go dad?” Angela asked.

“Go where?”

“Come back here tomorrow so that I could help Daniel could practice some more?”

“Tomorrow?” he questioned himself. “Not tomorrow. I have somethings to take care of” He said.

“What kind of things?” Angela asked putting a piece of gum in her mouth.

“Grown folk business” Paul said roughing up her hair.

“Ahhh!” she yelled. “It took me forever to do this!”

“But it looks better now” Daniel joked. They all laughed on their way to the car and throughout the drive home.

Paul knew he had unfinished business with Davinci. He himself was caught up in a mess with the mafia.

Little did they know, that next day would be their last as a family.