Chapter 6 - Hung Up

Tuesday

August 27th 2013

New York City

Location: Simmons Apartment

Jacob was helping Daniel bring his luggage down from his bedroom and I was making sure he had all his paperwork for college.

“Angela?” He called. I looked at the stairs just in time to see his head poke out from the banister while Jacob was carrying another suitcase down the steps. I swear Daniel packs more than a girl. I know that kid doesn’t own that many clothes. He probably packed his whole room in these luggage’s.

“Whats up?” I asked

“Where did you put the pictures we took at Coney Island yesterday?”

“In my purse. Its on my dresser” I told him. His head disappeared away from the banister and I handed Jacob the car keys to start putting the suitcases into the trunk of my car. Just as I started putting all of Daniels papers into an envelope I heard him yell my name again. But not the same way he did a few seconds ago. He sounded angry.

“Angela?”

“Yeah?” I answered him in a confused tone.

“What the fuck is this?” he yelled a bit louder stomping down the stairs with my purse in his left hand and a photo in his right. As soon as he reached the bottom of the staircase, he approached me with his hand out, showing my the photo of Davinci that I had kept from the files Twist had given me yesterday morning. I hesitated before taking it out of his hands. I opened my mouth to say something but he beat me to it.

“Why is this in your purse Angela?” He yelled some more.

“Daniel, please, stop yelling”

“No!” He yelled again. He saw me flinch a bit from his sudden outburst causing him to lower his voice.

“I'm sorry.” he said grabbing my hand. “I just, I thought we moved on from that.” he sighed.

“I know. We did Daniel.” I lied.

“Then how did you get that picture?”

“Don't worry about it”

“I have to worry about it. I can't leave for college knowing that you're still hung up on that” He said in a concerned voice.

“I'm not hung up on it! Just leave it alone.” I raised my voice a little. I snatched my purse from him and headed for the door.

“You have a flight to catch. Come on”

“Ang, stop” Daniel said before he got caught off by his skimpy little girl toy walking through the doorway.

“Danny!” She said in her annoying voice as she dragged out his name. I really hate that.

“Babe” He sighed as he went for a hug.

“I came by hoping I could come to the airport with you. I wanna see you before you leave” She pouted.

“Of course” he said escorting her back out the door and towards the car. Jacob was leaning against the car texting away on his phone. He said his hello's, then we got in with him on in the front seat and Daniel and his girlfriend in the back seat.

Jacob and I sat in the airport awkwardly in silence while Daniel was hugging up on his skimpy girlfriend. Okay, I know I call her out her name way too much, but I mean come on. The girl is practically naked. She looks like a girl straight out of the whore house.

There were so many mixed emotions going through all of us. I thought it was gonna be fine. I had it all planned out. We take Daniel to the airport, we cry, he leaves. That was supposed to be it. I guess not all things happen the way you plan them.

There was an announcement for Daniels flight saying that it was now boarding. I quickly got up from my seat with my heat pounding and my palms sweaty. He got up and hugged his girlfriend first before giving her a goodbye kiss. Her eyes started to tear before she sobbed “I'll miss you.” I said he was gonna miss her too and he hugged her again. It was gross and cliché. Or maybe it was adorable, but I disliked her too much to see it. He walked over to me before sighing and giving me a genuine smile.

“So this is it?” I said

“This is it” He replied.

“I'm so proud of you” I said before tossing my arms around him.

“I love you” He mumbled into my shoulder before letting go. I wiped away a few tears and smile at him. He grew up to become an amazing young man and hes going to do great things in the future. I can already see it. He smiled again before turning to Jacob and hugging him too. They both laughed and tried not to cry.

“Take care of my sister man” Daniel said.

“I promise. Go have fun bro” Jacob replied

“Oh I will” He smirked. I guess they were referring to the conversation I overheard them having about college girls and frat parties.

Daniel handed is plane ticket to the woman at the stand. She scanned it and gestured for him to walk through the doors. He turned back then smiled and waved at us one last time before walking through the gate. I sniffled and tears dropped from my eyes. Jacob put his hand on my shoulder comforting me.

“Don't worry, he'll be fine” He said. I nodded as we watched the plane through the window. We saw people sitting down and getting ready for the plane to take flight. After a few minuets of the plane driving through through the track reaching the strip it was going to take off from.

This is it, I thought as the plane sped through the strip. The plane took off into the air and that final moment hit me. He's leaving. Not forever of course. But just for enough time for me to lose my sanity. Why? Because I'm still hung up. My brother is finally fulfilling his dreams, and I'm fixated with the man who destroyed my chance of ever figuring out mines.

I'm Hung up, and there's not a chance I'm backing out now. 

[A/N] What do you think is going through Angela's mind? How is she feeling and what is she up to?