14: Its In The Past

{Jasmine's POV}

Ugh! Why can't they just leave me alone! I thought those ratchet ass hoes left. You're probably like what did they do Jasmine? They made my life a living hell in 6th grade. Those girls ruined the things I loved to do the most. Singing, dancing, playing guitar.

I'm sixth grade I was destined to perfect my three talents. Cleo, Shanice, Sasha, and Paris were jealous of me and made me think I was no good. They bullied me all of middle school. And then they left. When they left I started singing again. But I still don't dance or play the guitar.

The last time I saw them was at the woodcrest dance studio. I stayed later after practice to get my moves right for my solo piece. Then they walked in

[flashback]

(Jasmine is practicing her solo to the song Braveheart by Neon Jungle. The four girls walk in.)

Cleo: eww. She actually thinks she's good.( laughs)

Paris: I know right. Bitch sit your chunky monkey looking ass down. Your too fat to dance to this.

Jasmine: listen I don't have time for your shit. Can y'all just leave me alone and let me practice please?

Shanice: oh honey trust me it's gonna take a lot more than just practice for you to dance good. You're gonna need plastic surgery, Jesus, and a miracle.why the hell did you even get picked for a solo (her and the girls laugh)

Sasha: listen Jazzy. You're just not good. You strut around like you're all that but you're not! You never will be you little mixed breed. No one likes you! You're untalented, you're not cute, shit how did you even get in this dance academy?

( Jasmine ran out of the studio crying.)

[flashback over]

Huey: how come you never told me this?

Jasmine: it wasn't important. ( wipes her tears)

Huey: so what happened to dancing?

Jasmine: I dropped out. Ninth grade year I heard they left to live in Texas.the funny thing is. I still remember that dance.

Huey: well after the twins are born, you should show me.

Jasmine: ( smiles) yeah.

Huey: can you still play the guitar?

Jasmine: I think so. ( gets the guitar your of the closet) I might be a little rusty ( plays Think Bout You by Frank Ocean on guitar and sings it)

A tornado flew around my room before you came excuse the mess it made it usually doesn't rain in

Southern California much like Arizona my eyes don't shed tears but boy they bawl when I'm

Thinking bout you, ooh no no no, I've been thinking bout you, you know know know, I've been thinking bout you, do you think about me still, do you do you?

Or do you not think so far ahead, cuz I've been thinking bout forever, ooooh, or do you not think so far ahead, cuz I've been thinking bout forever , oooh [ look up Tori Kelly's cover of Thinking Bout You on YouTube and that's how it sounded ]

Huey: that was beautiful.

Jasmine: I didn't know I could still play like that.

Huey: I know you can sing, but I think you should start dancing and playing guitar again.

Jasmine: really( smiles)

Huey: really( kisses her cheek) I'm gonna stay home. I only have 2 more classes.